WebSocket Error

Guhan
Guhan edited February 2018 in Market data (WebSockets)
I got the below error from my websocket code, what is the meaning of it and how to handle it in the future?

Parent 15741, Gecko_IOThread] WARNING: pipe error (77): Connection reset by peer: file /build/firefox-9j9NY8/firefox-58.0.2+build1/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 353

###!!! [Parent][RunMessage] Error: Channel error: cannot send/recv
  • Guhan
    @sujith, got another error today, what are these errors? Can you help me out here?
    ###!!! [Child][MessageChannel] Error: (msgtype=0x520027,name=PNecko::Msg_RemoveRequestContext) Channel closing: too late to send/recv, messages will be lost

###!!! [Child][RunMessage] Error: Channel closing: too late to send/recv, messages will be lost
  • tonystark
    Where are you getting this errors from? These logs don't look like they are coming from our APIs. Can you tell us more about your implementation?
  • Guhan
    implementation means?
  • trade_then
    Implementation in this context means. How you are implementing your application. That is how are you coding websocket connection and are you using some libraries/apps that are not from zerodha. which might be causing these errors.

Thanks
    Regards
  • Guhan
    Guhan edited February 2018
    I am very new to programming, let me know if any other details are need
    kite 3.0 API in Ubuntu 16.04,
    Below is my websocket code, another python code for placing orders runs along with this code
    website - http://127.0.0.1

I am not using any other API's,
    kws = KiteTicker(api_key, access_token)
    def on_ticks(ws, ticks):
    ##ticks to database
    if curr_time >= stop_time_global:
    kws.close()
    def on_connect(ws, response): # noqa

ws.subscribe(ins_token_list)
    ws.set_mode(ws.MODE_FULL,ins_token_list)

kws.on_ticks = on_ticks
    kws.on_connect = on_connect

# Infinite loop on the main thread. Nothing after this will run.
    # You have to use the pre-defined callbacks to manage subscriptions.
    kws.connect()
  • Guhan
    @sujith, got the same error again today, is there anybody to help me out here
  • tonystark
    @Guhan The error messages you posted are from Firefox and they are not related to KiteConnect. And the ticker implementation seems to be fine. I would suggest you run the example in the Github repo page and paste the output here.