Kiteconnect3 Upgrade

babansfolio
As per the following link, I am trying to install kiteconnect3
https://github.com/zerodhatech/pykiteconnect

Following procedure is not working
pip install kiteconnect --upgrade --pre

Following error is coming multiple attempts,

===============================================================================================
copying src\twisted\python\test\_deprecatetests.py.3only -> build\lib.win-amd64-3.6\twisted\python\test
copying src\twisted\words\im\instancemessenger.glade -> build\lib.win-amd64-3.6\twisted\words\im
copying src\twisted\words\xish\xpathparser.g -> build\lib.win-amd64-3.6\twisted\words\xish
running build_ext
building 'twisted.test.raiser' extension
error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 is required. Get it with "Microsoft Visual C++ Build Tools": http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools

----------------------------------------
Command "c:\users\eghoshu\appdata\local\continuum\anaconda3\python.exe -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='C:\\Users\\eghoshu\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\pip-build-95
code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record C:\Users\eghoshu\AppData\Local\Temp\pip-p0zvre9k-record\install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile" faile
======================================================================================

kiteconnect old library is already loaded in my system
I am using Windows7 64bit version
I have loaded Anaconda (64Bit) python (default) and python 3.5.2 (32bit)
Visual C++ 15/17 already loaded on system

Need your help. Please support.

Q1.
do we need to run following command to upgrade to Kiteconnect3 ? Is there any other steps possible?

pip install kiteconnect --upgrade --pre

Q2.
Why Installation is failing after " error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 is required." ?

• sujith
    Hi,
    The pykiteconnect 3.7.0 beta uses a third-party library for Kite Ticker which requires twisted packages to be installed as well. The twisted has a dependency on Microsoft Visual C++.
    You need to first install twisted and then upgrade.

You can refer to this blog-post.
  • RP3436
    @sujith which part of the documentation clearly describes the process for upgrading to latest version? Even on github "pip install kiteconnect --upgrade --pre" is mentioned. Many of us may be new to programming but have sufficient idea on installing packages. Even to queries , replies do not point to the complete procedure of upgrading step by step ,mentioned at one place. At least I could not find. Refer to this reply -"Hi @darkknight ,
    Yeah, you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 and then install twisted frame work(go through this thread) separately and then install kite connect python client." . I do not find "install twisted" mentioned anywhere in docs or related places.
  • sujith
    @RP3436,
    Makes sense. We will update pykiteconnect's readme.
  • RP3436
    @sujith, Thanks a lot. I am still trying to upgrade. Wish me luck!
  • babansfolio
    @sujith : Is following kiteconnect is the latest version? Its now loaded on my system.

Successfully installed kiteconnect-3.7.0b5
  • sujith
    @babansfolio,
    Yes, that is the new version.