Kite connect not pushing the data for all instruments

sunny
Hi Kite connect team,

My problems with version 3 keep on increasing. I have not see any visible improvement in upgrading to version 3 instead it added complexity in my coding...

As suggest by @sujith in another thread, I created 3 connections (node js library) to kite connect &

1. First thread : subscribed to 1000 instruments
2. Second thread : subscribed to 1000 instruments
3. Third thread: subscribed to 150 instruments

Sometime one of the thread just doesn't push the data. it's the same code for all 3 threads. Is it a known issue ?
Tagged:
  • sunny
    Also, it is so weird that kite connect API calls for Process.exit() if auto reconnection fails. why would you make my application to exit?
  • sujith
    Hi @sunny,
    The data for 2150 instruments is too much to handle in a client-side application. Are you using threading?
    Are you using kiteconnectjs?
  • sujith
    I mean like a promise to make it async.
  • sunny
    Hi Sujith,

Yes, I am using kiteconnectjs.

Yes, I am using promises. Infact I am using the same source code given by kite connect examples. I've created 3 instances of tick method and calling form 3 connections.

It's so weird that today I m getting data for 900 tickers only.

Thanks,
    Sunny
  • sunny
    @sujith

Can you confirm that if I use single connection and subscribe to 1000 tickers, I will get data for 1000 tickers ?

Currently it looks like - KiteTicker is not sending the data for all 1,000 tickers.

Thanks,
    sunny
  • sujith
    sujith edited February 2018
    That is normal, not every instrument in the dump is liquid right. What are these instrument tokens, as in equity or F&O? Do you include BE, BL series instruments?
  • sunny
    Hi @sujith

1. I am not including F&O.

2. I am including BE, BL series etc. I am getting prices of BE,BL, EQ everything. It's that some tickers are missing.

3. I checked again google finance. Some of the ticks have volume but kite is not pushing the prices.

4. I tried that even if I use one thread and subscribe to 1000 tickers. Kite still only pushes data for 400~500 tickers only. I restart my application, it sends different set of 400-500 ticks.

5. FYI, we never had this issue in previous version.

Why don't you guys try this as your side. Just use the code that you have mentioned in your own git page and subscribe to 1000 tickers. You will see the results.

Thanks,
    Sunny
  • sujith
    @sunny,
    We just stream whatever data we get from the exchange. If you are not getting ticks then we didn't receive ticks and it is normal.
    If you still have a doubt, you can give us the list of instrument tokens for which you are trying. We will check and get back to you.
  • sunny
    @sujith

Here are the one ticker for you to check.

IDEA Idea Cellular Last update on : 22 Feb, 2018

I received its price yesterday but not today.

Thanks,
    Sunny
  • sunny
    @sujith

Honestly I think its the issue at your side when someone subscribe 1000 tickers on one connection. if I subscribe for 1 ticker, it works fine.