Need info on API provided by kite connect

pradeepsajjan
Hello friends,
I am new to kite platform and i am doing my final year project on prediction algorithm so i need to know what are the data that are given by kite connect to do analysis feel free to contact me back.
Thank you in advance
  • tonystark
    KiteConnect provides Market quotes and instrument data, real-time market data via WebSockets and historical data.
  • pradeepsajjan
    Thanks a lot @tonystark i need some more info details are i need pre open market data at 9:08 am with nifty position and also all the details of F&O stocks such as name, %change, Value in(lacs), FFFM cap and all will it be available.

These might have been included in the above link which you have provided but i am not that expert in this so i told you in simple words please help me out.

Thank you
  • sujith
    Hi @pradeepsajjan,
    We provide real-time change value, volume data. But Kite Connect doesn't provide free-float market capitalization.
    For fundamental data, you can check out screener.
    I think you should first start with writing specs of the data points you need and go through the documentation to know what are the capabilities offered by Kite Connect.
    Kite Connect API is more like an execution platform. It doesn't provide fundamental data. For fundamental data, you can use screener.
  • pradeepsajjan
    Thank you @sujith for the wonderful support and honest answer but can i know one more thing i searched in screener i didn't find any api service if you have any link and idea on usage of that so please let me know so that it will be helpful for me,

Thank you
  • sujith
    Hi,
    screener is an independent platform by smallcase. It doesn't provide APIs. You need to export data into csv and use it for the computation. If your algorithm requires execution part like placing an order or fetching live market data then only subscribe to Kite Connect.
  • pradeepsajjan
    Hello,
    Sujith my platform dosen't need to place order but i need real time data .
  • MAG
    @pradeepsajjan need to understand a few things about you so that folks can understand and help you better.
    A bit about you and where you stand in terms of education, market experience, coding experience etc will help us evaluate your level and help you better.
    Also do you have any programming background? if so what language (python, java) and platform(windows, linux, mac)

Kite api gives you two kinds of data.
    1. Tick by tick data which itself has three configurations for the level of detail, LTP, Quote and Full. You need to write your own solution / application to store these ticks, aggregate them and generate candles and indicators from the data.
    2. You have the historical api which gives older data from the past. It has various intervals that you can get data for, starting from minute level granularity to days. Kite historical API can be used to get minute level data for the same day but it will not be realtime.

In your second comment you have mentioned that you need pre-open market data. Unfortunately I don't think that is available through klte api. The admin's can correct me if I am wrong here.

Also kite api does not give any fundamental data like eps, earnings, ratios etc. For that you need to look at other sources. Screener by Smallcase is one. But you need to do web scraping to get the data. There is no API. As with any web scraping solution it is a hack which can fall apart anytime things change at the providers end.

As per your last comment you need real time data. If so, you would need to do the following:
    • Look at the documentation and create your kite connect login and app and get a data subscription. It costs money - 2K per month.
    • Learn how the authentication flow works and get that implemented programmatically.
    • Look at the example code for websocket, get it working and then modify the code to suit your needs. Thats how I started off and I guess everyone else did too.
  • pradeepsajjan
    Hello @MAG
    Thanks for this detailed comment and support okay let me tell about myself and experience.

I am pradeep final year computer science student for MIT manipal karnataka. And i have programming knowledge in java,c,c++,c# and R.

According to my project i have to predict the best stocks which can be traded for that particular day. So i used some fundamentals such as value traded, %change, FFM value to predict the stocks but unfortunately kite dosen't provide me FFM value ONLY.

So now i am trying to make an alternative algorithm which is very famous i.e. OPEN=HIGH or LOW scanner program in java.

Right now i have a web scrapped Jsoup real time data which gives me top losers and i have some problem in accessing top gainers and i have OPEN=HIGH LOW code also but there are few glitches which should be fixed. so if you can help me further please feel free to contact me on 7760442814.

Thank you.
  • MAG
    Will ping you later. Will try to help. But no guarantees.
    Depends on how much time it takes and how much you can figure out on your own.
  • sujith
    @MAG, @pradeepsajjan,
    You do get pre-market data on Kite Connect, since there will be only market depth change in pre-market session you need to make sure you subscribe to data in fullMODE.
  • pradeepsajjan
    Yes @sujith sir i also mentioned you give pre-open market data but FFM value is the only one which is not provided by you that was what i meant.
  • sujith
    Kite Connect doesn't provide any fundamental data. You need to look for some other source for this data.