Kiteconnect folder is not visible in site-packages

Manju
I ran the command "pip install kiteconnect --upgrade -- pre".. it says packages already installed.. but i'm not able to find the Kiteconnect folder in lib/site-packages.. pls help..
  • Vivek
    Since its installed as egg your site-packages folder will have egg `kiteconnect-3.7.0b9-py3.4.egg`. This shouldnt be a problem to you since you can import and use Kiteconnect just like any other library.
  • Manju
    thank you Vivek.... I need to get access to Kite modules... which can be done if the Kite folder is visible... can u pls tell me how to access all the modules in kiteconnect..
  • zartimus
    @Manju Did you mean "modify kiteconnect code on the fly"? You can import classes which are exposed by default here https://github.com/zerodhatech/pykiteconnect/blob/kite3/kiteconnect/__init__.py#L113 like
    from kiteconnect import KiteConnect
    Or go with explicit way as
    from kiteconnect.connect import KiteConnect
  • Manju
    Thank you @zartimus ... my actual question was to access the .py files (modules) that comes after installing kiteconnect. these files should be accessible from the installed directory (Lib/site-packages)..
  • zartimus
    @Manju So, you need to access py files directly from sitepackages? Now that we are distributing kiteconnect as egg distribution, accessing py files from sitepackages is somewhat tricky. Egg distribution is just a zipified version of the original one with more metadata content. Simply unzip the egg file inside sitepackages, now you can access py files from the extracted folder, make changes zip it again, make sure the egg name is same as before. Voila!

^ This is not the recommended way of modifying source files, infact you should never make changes to sitepackages unless you know what you are doing. Do check monkeypatching for more details.
  • Manju
    Thanks a lot @zartimus ..
This discussion has been closed.