*Initial Order Update* for 2nd leg Orders of BO/CO on *Websocket*

botany02
botany02 edited March 2018 in General
Hi @Kailash

Any update on this https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/comment/11259/#Comment_11259
Hope you understand how crucial is this.
It's my humble request to get this done on priority.

Thanks
  • sujith
    I will check and update on Monday.
  • botany02
    @sujith
    Any positive update on this?
  • botany02
    @sujith
    Any update on this?
  • sujith
    @botany02,
    Once we complete migration we will look into this.
    As of now, we are not sure if it is possible or not.
  • VenkateshV
    VenkateshV edited April 2018
    @nithin @Kailash @sujith
    I want to bring to your serious attention and action on above subject.

It's been almost more than a month since Kite 3.0 is rolled out officially. However we could not get still the possibility of getting 2nd & 3rd Leg Order Details for BO & CO Orders on websocket and possibility to modify the SL/TGT orders.

You would certainly appreciate that an effective robust trading system cannot built without a modifying SL and TGT orders. Nevertheless to mention that zerodha's active competitors are already having this implemented, then i just wonder why not its possible at your end also.

i have been seeing responses that it would be implemented by x date, y date etc, however no concrete/firm statement yet from your end.

May i know what is the current status on 2nd & 3rd Leg Order Details for BO & CO Orders? and when would it get implemented and available to us.

Trust me, being not having this feature, literally impacting reliability and profitability of our valuable trades, especially with present volatile market conditions, no one can predict what happens next. having an regular update on the SL/TGT's are vital to sustain in the market.

Hope you take it in a serious note and expect a clear cut action with a time line
  • VenkateshV
    @nithin @Kailash @sujith
    Any finite acton plans on this? developing a reliable trading system with BO/CO would be meaningless without having order update details.
    Appreciate if could we get an concrete action plan form your end.
  • VenkateshV
    @nithin @Kailash @sujith
    Hi your silence on this subject topic is just killing.
    Hope you understand the importance and necessity of having this i believe, Pls let me know the actual show stopper for not getting this implemented?

i feel my efforts putting in my trading system development is meaningless without having the 2nd leg order details.

Nevertheless to mention that all your competitor who are in this business do have this feature and do provide the 2nd leg order details.

• sujith
    We are working on this feature.
  • VenkateshV
    @sujith
    Any estimated ETA or reasonable timeline?
  • sujith
    We will add it in a couple of weeks.
  • VenkateshV
    @sujith
    Many thanks for update...hope to get it done at the earliest.
    Keep me updated with developments on this regard.
  • VenkateshV
    @sujith
    Are we done with BO/CO 2nd leg order details?
  • VenkateshV
    VenkateshV edited May 2018
    @sujith @Kailash @nithin
    Have you got API Updated so that we get BO/CO 2nd leg order details from now? Pls update.
  • sujith
    We will announce it on the forum once it is completed.
  • VenkateshV
    @sujith
    Sorry to say this, we are hearing this all the times with a vague reply so long time.. and I do not understand why are you beating behind the bush and not answering to the point.

this feature is something vital for anyone who want to keep his trading system effective with respect to Risk Management. i do not know whether you see this in a serious note.

Lets keep it aside your announcement of completion in forum.
    What is the current status? is BO/CO 2nd leg order details now included and tested? Appreciate if could Pls update us exact current status.
  • VenkateshV
    @sujith
    What is the current status?
  • Matti
    @VenkateshV This will take time. As Sujith has said, we'll let you know once it's done.
  • VenkateshV
    @Nikhil.A @sujith @Kailash @nithin
    Here I do not understand a point, it is sujith who did confirm that it will be done in 2 weeks, and now I am getting a response this will take some time....can you define what you indicated "this will take time"...will it be months , years or never.

What we are asking is not something outside the universe, it is the one which all other Neighbourhood brokers do provide on their API's , in one hand you say yes and will take time (if I am correct almost since last 3 months plus I guess from the time his query was posted) on the other hands you are not willing or not having intensions to get it implemented. Pls be transparent and open instead beating the bush.
  • Matti
    @VenkateshV We're planning a release for this over the weekend. While we did intend to do this earlier, other, more important issues gained priority over this. While I can say that this weekend's update should fix this, if, for any reason, this is not pushed, it could take longer as this is *not critical*.
  • VenkateshV
    @Nikhil.A @sujith @Kailash @nithin
    With your response at least you have clarified that this is in one of the things in to do list, which is very much appreciated.
    at the same time I disagree with your comments indicating this implementation as "Not Critical", may be that is from your perspective and not ours. as Reliability and profitability of my trading system solely depends on this feature.
    Let’s hope in a positive attitude that it gets pushed this week.
    Appreciate if could you keep posted with updates on this regard.
  • Matti
    @VenkateshV Nowhere in this thread is it indicated that we do not intend to do this. As for how critical this update is, you need to understand that there are several other things that we are working on that are of a higher priority. Our priorities may differ from yours, that's only natural, considering we have more than just you to cater to. As for updates, it is not practical to post each and everything we do here. Instead, an announcement will be made once the patch is released.
This discussion has been closed.