BO without margin

chiragkeswani
Hi,
Can we trigger a Bracket Order without using the margin provided? Basically, I want SL and target to be pre-defined by using BO, but I don't want to use the leveraged margin.
  • chiragkeswani
    @sujith, can you please share some insight?
  • sujith
    Can you elaborate?
    Your question is not clear.
  • chiragkeswani
    chiragkeswani edited April 2018
    @sujith, Currently I place BO on stocks and I get leveraged margin of 20x to 27x. But now I want to trigger intraday orders without leveraged margin, instead I want to place orders in cash, but I want to avail the benefits of a BO which are SL, Target and Trail SL. Can I achieve this?
  • Matti
    Hey Chirag,

Leverage is automatically applied for orders of the BO variety. However, if you place an order for just the amount you have in your account, i.e., you place an order for 1 stock worth Rs. 100 when you have Rs. 100 in your account, this shouldn't be an issue. Basically, as long as you don't trade for more than the amount available in your account, it shouldn't make a difference.

If you still are uncomfortable with this, you can simulate a BO on your end by placing the SL and target legs once you see that the entry leg is executed.