Using/Calling Kitenet Methods within VBA UDF

VenkateshV
@HowUTrade
Is that possible to use Kitenet Methods within my VBA UDF? Without getting passed from workbook cell?
E.g if i want to know the Gap Up/Dn status and make some decision within my UDF, is is possible to use GetPrevclose within my UDF itself, rather first calling first inside the workbook cell and then passing that as a variable on my UDF. (Provided if i pass the exchange and symbol info to my UDF)
  • HowUTrade
    @VenkateshV

Yes, you can call all the functions of KiteNet in the VBA itself.
    The UDF itself just makes call to KiteNet functions.
  • VenkateshV
    @HowUTrade
    Indeed life becomes easier with this...Many Thanks for your update
  • VenkateshV
    @HowUTrade
    i have a small trouble here, when i call a kitenet getltp method within my UDF by passing the Exchange and Trade Symbol) , i do get the ltp but just once while i enter and not getting updated on every price change, however if i recalculate the formula, it gets updated again...i just wonder what am i missing here.
    Basically what is the diff of using GetRTD on worksheet and Kite.GetLtp on VBA? should have a same similar function right?
    is that i have to make my UDF with application.volatile or something? Pls advise a smart way
  • HowUTrade
    HowUTrade edited April 2018
    @VenkateshV

GetLTP is a function that returns something when you call (Excel) it by passing correct parameters. Since the Exch and TrdSym is static, excel is not calculating this formula automatically, the option is either make this UDF volatile or pass some dynamic parameter to invoke excel calculation.

Please use RTD wherever possible, if the data you need is not available in RTD, then search for other options.

GetRTD is just a wrapper for RTD function. Since the native RTD function is complex to enter, this GetRTD will make it is easy for user. GetRTD returns nothing instead calls the RTD function, which in turn initiates a connection to RTD server for the specific topic.