Kite Gateway timeout Error

Guhan

above is the error message I am getting while trying to login to kite
  • naz
    Facing same issue. Seems like server is down at zerodha end. Please urgently look into this.
  • Ajax
    Is anyone looking into this ?
  • svarunbe
    facing the same issue...
  • Ajax
    Ajax edited May 2018
    @sujith: Please refund my money for today's kite connect subscription. Such occurrences are just unacceptable. You are not providing the service you are charging for. And this is not the first time.
  • vinaykanttyagi
    wrost servise provided by zerodha i m unable to login
  • Jegan

Facing same issue. Seems like server is down at zerodha end. Please urgently look into this.
  • Jegan
    @sujith: Please refund my money for today's kite connect subscription. Such occurrences are just unacceptable. You are not providing the service you are charging for. And this is not the first time.
  • Jegan
    Normally they to bug fixes and enhancement change promotion during holiday time, and normally it fails in the next day morning, which is become usual now a days
  • Ajax
    Ajax edited May 2018
    I think we should lodge a complaint in consumer court if they dont start refunding charged amount for days like these. They are for sure taking clients for granted. 45 mins and no response from any support executive.
  • Guhan
    Guhan edited May 2018
    it seems to work now
    EDIT: nope, not working, took me to login page but getting same error
  • Jegan
    Not even a single reply fro support executive saying that they are looking into the issue , this is something which is un acceptable
  • Guhan
    Guhan edited May 2018
    do any of you guys know any other brokerages or data vendors who provide streaming tick data?

I have been with zerodha for a long time, but now I think it is prudent to have an alternative
  • Ajax
    Yes, there is upstox. I have initiated account creation with them.
  • Jegan
    Thanks for the information @Ajax
  • ruchanavjyot1907
    facing same issue...
  • Jegan
    so have to skip this day for trading , Better luck tomorrow
  • naz
    naz edited May 2018
    @Jegan "Interactive Brokers" seems to have most stable platform for algorithmic trading.
  • praveen245245
    I am facing this problem from morning today , either it is saying invalid user id/badgate way /Nestgateway not found/ or else above screen error/ or else some times i am able to login but my 2FA questions are not fetching / im unable to login you guys are literally wasting time on it
  • srreedhar2001
    Any idea when it is going to resolve. I tried calling them but no response.
  • GasTurbGuy
    GasTurbGuy edited May 2018
    @Ajax Thanks! I just checked out Upstox, they too have a similar offering (from a trading perspective) as Zerodha at a fraction of the subscription fees. Their option margin calculator is better too...
  • shortwire
    Update from Zerodha in Bulletin
    Issue with Kite
    Due to a connectivity issue, you may face an issue with logging into Kite. We are looking into this and should have this resolved shortly. You can login to Pi or call us or write to us on [email protected] in the meanwhile to place orders.
  • Ajax
    Very convenient update after an hour of downtime.
  • GasTurbGuy
    It's reaching the point where Zerodha needs to start assuring a guarantee on the uptime with penalties based on the account value
  • Ajax
    They are taking clients for granted. They need to refund the charged amount for service which was not provided. @sujith
  • GasTurbGuy
    @zerodha1, Guys I had brought up this issue the last time there was some issue with your servers: Please maintain clear communication with your customers about issues as they happen and provide updates on what has been done to prevent a repeat of the issue. We are paying for a service and it's only fair we get what we pay for. You guys take pride in yourselves on being the most technologically advanced platform in India; that's means you attract a more nuanced crowd. And this crowd will not put up with a 'black box' style of operations. It's fine if everything worked just fine and nobody has a reason to complain, but these issues seems to happen with worrying regularity. I mean you guys don't have a proper forum where the management properly engages with your customers on widespread issues.

Mr. Nitin Kamath, people who make up this forum may not make up for the bulk of your customers, but we're the bunch that actually add credence to your claims of being the most nuanced brokerage in India. Care to make an appearance in here rather than just sticking to the Zerodha blog?
  • Guhan
    guys it is working now :)
This discussion has been closed.