Kite Connect API

rajeshm
I have a questions before subscribing the Kite Connect API.

1. I have a strategy, let's say Latest 5 Min Close > 5 min ago Close then BUY. Is it possible to use Kite API and write the strategy?

2. Does it allow fully automated algo trading?

3. Do we need any approval from the Exchange for the Strategy?

4. Are there any delay in getting the live quote LTP ?
  • sujith
    Hi,
    You need to write strategy at your end and use Kite Connect API to place an order.
    You might have to generate historical data candles at your end using live market data if you are expecting 5min candle exactly at end of the 5min.

You can automate your trades, but you need to manually log in once a day.

You can write to talk(at)rainmatter.com for details about exchange approval.

There is no delay in live market data.
  • Sairam
    Hi,
    1. Can I place orders using that api from my desktop software.. It will place order as and when my software generates a trigger by following my money management rules.
    2. In your terms and conditions (https://kite.trade/terms 2-e : Automated trades... ) you have mentioned that to place fully automated traded need to seek approval from exchange.. What I have to do to place fully automated trades from my account using my desktop application.
    Thank you
  • Aravind
    Aravind edited May 2018
    Hai,
    I had the same questions rajeshm had, and so I wrote an email to rainmatter about it. Their reply was short and unhelpful.
    I had asked them whether it was possible to run a strategy in python, and have it take orders on its own without me having to manually do anything, other than login once a day to get the access token.
    All they had to say was that the exchanges do not allow automated trade, and that I can use kite connect as an alert system.
    Is that true, is that all kite connect is good for. A complicated alert system, which requires coding know how to operate, and costs Rs. 4000 per month including data. If so what is the use? Why cant I just use a normal alert system instead, like chartink realtime alerts or the even zerodha's own upcoming sentinel.
    Why go to all this trouble for just an alerts system?