Not getting ticks on websockets

nashit93
Hey,

Is anyone facing this issue? I am getting connected through web socket but not receiving any ticks via python client.
  • sunny
    Me. same issue @sujith : are you guys working on it ?
  • sujith
    We don't see any issue at our end. I tried connecting for multiple instruments and it seems fine.
    Is this hosted somewhere or is this local setup? If local then can you give more details about the network?
  • sauravkedia
    @sujith can you check if any changes have been made at your end in terms of data structure, fields, packet size etc. That could be the culprit as I am not using official example (which is working fine). I am using my own custom method to parse binary data and there may be an issue there.
  • sunny
    not possible... everyday my code works fine and now today its not getting any data..
  • sunny
    I have not changed anything. my code is hosted at AWS.
  • glob_arber
    If there are multiple clients facing the issue then there must be some condition which is getting triggered.
    Sujit - were there any changes on your side recently ?

I can confirm that there were absolutely no changes on my side so it can't behave like this without something being changed.
  • sunny
    sunny edited May 2018
    I think they are just buying time here. if 4-5 people are having same issue, it is very unlikely that all of us changed something at our side
  • sgsaran
    Me too have the issue for FNO segment. I get NSE data. Now a days i feel very bad.
  • glob_arber
    Ok, I seemed to have found the issue with MCX names.
    I'm listening on NFO and MCX universe and because of an issue with MCX it seems to be failing for NFO as well.
    For now I'll listen only on NFO but Sujit can you confirm when will MCX issue be resolved ?
  • sunny
    I m getting data now.
  • glob_arber
    Yes magically resolved ;)
    Sujit can you explain what's going on ?
  • sujith
    Got it, this was a bug in the configuration file of Kite Ticker. We were upgrading the maximum limit per connection from 2000 to 3000.
    But official libraries should have thrown the error. We will look into this.
    You can subscribe for up to 3000 instruments with one connection from now on.
  • sujith
    Let us know if the issue still persists.
  • sauravkedia
    Thankfully seems alright now.
  • sauravkedia
    Unfortunately, this is not your in-house system catering to your in-house requirements, but a commercial system you have rolled out to end-users. Who owns the responsibility for us missing out on our trading today just because your developer was careless in punching keys? These errors are avoidable and ought to be avoided.
  • sgsaran
    Please do your researches at non market hours. Don't play at trading time. We are ready to help you at Saturday and Sunday to check works if you generate and stream the mock data.
  • deep
    Hi @sujith

I am still facing issue with the ticker where after 20 minutes, ticker starts giving volume zero and same price for every ticker. The system is subscribed to 14 instruments.
    https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/4175/kiteticker-after-30-minutes-of-connect-start-sending-same-ticker-again-for-all-instruments#latest
  • sujith
    @sauravkedia,
    The configuration files were automatically overridden. We had to change configuration file manually to fix the issue. We will ensure this won't be repeated.
  • xm1160
    I have subscribed to 593 tokens which is far below 2000 or 3000 limit that you are talking about.
  • bhargava
    Limit is Not increased, it is in fact restricted to less than 500, we lost today because of this issue. We request you to announce in advance. We are adding 500 per socket around 1300 scripts.
  • ruchanavjyot1907
    @sujith I am not getting tick data after 6 PM (for MCX commodity futures) since last 2-3 days. Please advise on this ASAP.
  • nashit93
    @sujith Hey,

I think it got resolved.Let me try again 2mrw :)
  • Shabeershah2002
    Me too not getting since today 6:30 pm onwards ,