Ticks are coming randomly

narasimha
narasimha edited July 2018 in Java client
Ticks are coming randomly some times for 1 hr ticks are coming and suddenly starts coming and again stops .. relying on websocket is not there. In older version of 2.0 this issue was less in in 3.0 constantly facing the issue of tick data not properly transmitting. Is there any solution to this ?
  • narasimha
    It is not throwing any error. I am trying for Nifty futures for this series. One more question how different web socket ticks from getQuotes () ?
  • rakeshr
    @narasimha
    You will receive streaming data(for every trade happening) over websocket, once get connected, these are direct exchange feeds.But for Quote APIs, you need to make API call every time to get data.In websocket, you can subscribe upto 1000 instrument in one websocket(total 3 websocket , so 3000 instruments), but for Quote APIs, you can subscribe upto 500 instruments in one go.
  • narasimha
    Thanks for detail explanation. But not sure what is the problem with websocket .. not getting data every time. As said earlier .. they are getting randomly i just subscribed one instrument thats it
  • rakeshr
    @narasimha
    If there are no trades/tick happening for particular scrip during specific interval, for that period you will not receive any tick on WebSocket.
  • narasimha
    I agree. some times I dont even get quotes in a day , not getting 9:15 ticks at all again . I never faced this issue with kite2.0 version with 3.0 facing lot of issues and relying on the ticks will not be helping my cause