Late order execution during opening market minutes

krishnakant

Hi,

I found this major discrepancy today that for the orders sent as soon when the market starts (during the 09:15, 09:16, 09:17 minute), they were received by the Zerodha server but were sent to the exchange 5-7 seconds late. However, this issue gets resolved beyond 09:20. What is the reason for this delay during the early minutes?

For example (please see the attached images) -
The first order - JUBLFOOD was sent at 09:15:01 but the exchange time shows 09:15:06 (5 seconds late)
The second order - AMBUJACEM was sent at 09:15:14 but the exchange time shows 09:15:21 (7 seconds late)
The third order - UPL was sent at 09:16:09 but the exchange time shows 09:16:15 (6 seconds late)
The fourth order - COALINDIA was sent at 09:20:35 but the exchange time shows 09:20:35 (on time)
The fifth order - JSWSTEEL was sent at 09:38:02 but the exchange time shows 09:38:02 (on time)

Please clarify asap.

Thanks,

• krishnakant
    @rakeshr
    I sent this through an API only not via the website. Can you please help?
  • rakeshr
    @krishnakant
    It can happen few times only at market open, because of long order queue at opening.Have look to this thread.
  • krishnakant
    @rakeshr
    I saw the link thread and think that the possible reason for my case could be no. 2

2) Order queue from the broker. Every broker is connected to exchanges via leased lines. These lines have a certain order per second capacity, if more than those are sent, they get in a queue and can take a few seconds.

As the thread also mentions, there could be a long queue consisting of market and AMO orders. My questions are -
    1. How many lease lines does Zerodha have?
    2. How are they designed to handle the queue load? Single or multiple queues
    3. Does AMO and market orders (sent after 09:15) go in the same queue?
    4. What is a possible alternative if I want immediate execution?

Thanks,