Type: System.Double
BaseMTM
StgyCode (Optional)
Type: System.String
StgyCode
Return Value
Type: Double
Trail MTM

@HowUTrade what i understand is MTM is GetMtmBridge but Pls explain what is this Base MTM and how to use it, if u could elaborate with an example, thanks!
  • HowUTrade
    @madhukar

This function is purely meant for Excel and it has no connection with Kite API.
    Let illustrate with example.

Assume you bought 100 Qty of Stock 'AXISBANK'
    and want to exit when your loss reaches -300 and also want to move your max-loss for every Rs300 movement in your favor..

Cell A1 = "NSE"
    B1 = "AXISBANK"
    C1 = LTP 'GetRTD(A1,B1,"LAST")
    D1 = MTM 'GetRTD(A1,B1,"MTM") This cell will display your real-time mtm
    E1 = GetTrailMTM(B1,D1,300,"ZZ") 'BaseMtm is nothing but how much MTM you want to trail
    This E1 cell will initially display -300 i.e your max loss.

Assume your MTM has crossed 300 i.e. D1 = 320, now E1 will display 0 i.e. Max-loss trailed from -300 to 0. When your MTM crosses 600, E1 will display 300.

What is the use of E1?
    In another cell you can write a simple IF function to place a opposite order and close your position when MTM was below TrailMTM.

F1 = IF(D1<=E1,PlaceOrder(........),"TrailMTM not hit")
    In the above assumption, your MTM has crossed 600 and your trail MTM is now 300, the moment your real-time bounces below trail MTM i.e. 300, your IF condition's will be triggered and close your position.

The above is just example, you need make robust code to achieve the above without any error and multiple firing.
  • madhukar
    Despitr It being bridge method , after IF condition is met will it go on firing opposite order multiple times ? It will require another piece of code to prevent multiple firing?@HowUTrade
  • HowUTrade
    Yes..

Just you need to modify the PlaceOrder UDF to place order only once for a signal..
    You can refer this link for example
    https://howutrade.in/2017/08/31/restrict-multiple-order-firing-excel-upstox-api/
  • madhukar
    Yes I know this trick on upstocks forum, I do check both forums usually, as I know you guys are active at both forums!cheers!@HowUTrade