Margin allowed and banned list is incorrect

rishiswethan
https://zerodha.com/margin-calculator/Equity/

I used the above link as a reference to plan my trades for the next day, but, the list of stocks that have margins allowed by your RMS is incorrect in 2 ways.

1)
There are a few stocks that have been repeated in the allowed list and the banned list. I ran a quick script to find them out, here is the list
repeat ADANIGAS
repeat ALANKIT
repeat AMRUTANJAN
repeat APEX
repeat AXISCADES
repeat BAJAJHIND
repeat BHAGERIA
repeat BOROSIL
repeat DCW
repeat DENABANK
repeat EVERESTIND
repeat FACT
repeat FILATEX
repeat GENUSPAPER
repeat GUFICBIO
repeat HEIDELBERG
repeat IGARASHI
repeat IMFA
repeat INDOCO
repeat JHS
repeat NITCO
repeat PRABHAT
repeat RCOM
repeat SHANKARA

2)
Some stocks like JKIL are rejected by the RMS when the order was placed, for the past week but the list has not been updated at all. I'm not sure how many stocks have this issue but this certainly indicated the issue.

We need an updated and accurate list as it's very crucial for anyone that wants to plan trades. I assume that zerodha already has a list used by their RMS systems, so, it wouldn't be much effort to make it public and updated...
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Hi @rishiswethan,
    This is the source file for RMS, margin calculator and APIs. We have asked the RMS team to take a look at this.
  • rishiswethan
    Hi @sujith , the error still seems to persist. is there an update on the issue? Some stocks that are in the MIS allowed list and not in the MIS blocked list are still getting blocked. It currently feels like the only way to know if it's allowed for MIS is to try and actually buy it, please give us a proper, updated list.

Stocks that I faced the RMS issue with:
    IGPL
    THIRUMALCHM
    JKIL
    TNPL
  • sujith
    I have asked them to take a look at it.
  • sujith
    It should be fixed now.
  • rishiswethan
    It doesn't seem to be fixed. NSE:TNPL is still in the list, yet, it was rejected today by RMS
  • sujith
    It seems like it is allowed for intraday trading.
  • sujith
    sujith edited February 2019
    Can you check the status message?
  • rishiswethan
    This was an MIS sell order
  • rishiswethan

This is another stock that was barred despite being in the allowed list and not in the ban list. NSE:BFINVEST
  • rishiswethan
    rishiswethan edited February 2019
    I placed AMO orders, some stocks were successful, above stocks were barred with the above message
  • rishiswethan
    rishiswethan edited April 2019
    Margin list was correct for the past month as far as I've seen. Now, the list is wrong again.
    PRESTIGE:EQ

This was barred from MIS trading with the message but is still in the list
    MIS / BO / CO orders are blocked for this instrument (try CNC / NRML) or it has been restricted from trading.

It'll help if the developers can check this in your end and keep an updated list
  • rishiswethan
    There was another mismatch today,

JETAIRWAYS was banned from MIS, but, it is still in the margin allowed list. Please update this list atleast once in a day
  • sujith
    JETAIRWAYS is allowed for MIS but you might need a 100% margin in your account.
  • rishiswethan
    'status_message_raw': 'RMS:Blocked for nse_cm JETAIRWAYS-EQ MIS block type: NON-SQROFF'

I did have more margin than 100% required too
  • sujith
    It was blocked yesterday, it is allowed today.
This discussion has been closed.