Error when deploying to AWS lambda

yashas7
I am getting the following error when I try to deploy my code to aws lambda using serverless framework.

Legacy build of wheel for 'kiteconnect' created no files.
Command arguments: ['/home/yashas/.local/share/virtualenvs/algo-trade-aws-6ZCPz_Xd/bin/python3.7', '-u', '-c', "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-install-5oj6ghqw/kiteconnect/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\\r\\n', '\\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))", 'bdist_wheel', '-d', '/tmp/pip-wheel-a10n5lcu', '--python-tag', 'cp37']
Command output: [use --verbose to show]
Command "/home/yashas/.local/share/virtualenvs/algo-trade-aws-6ZCPz_Xd/bin/python3.7 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-install-5oj6ghqw/kiteconnect/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-record-nrhndh74/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --install-headers /home/yashas/.local/share/virtualenvs/algo-trade-aws-6ZCPz_Xd/include/site/python3.7/kiteconnect --home=/tmp/pip-target-a82lteet" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-5oj6ghqw/kiteconnect/

I am using pipenv to install those packages and get the above error when I run "sls deploy".
I have also tried without pipenv by adding setuptools and kiteconnect to requirements file and I got a slightly different error.

Command "/usr/bin/python3.7 -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-install-u4kbr1ga/kiteconnect/setup.py';f=getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__);code=f.read().replace('\r\n', '\n');f.close();exec(compile(code, __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-record-ddhm6t1o/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile --home=/tmp/pip-target-3afe6ecf" failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-u4kbr1ga/kiteconnect/

Can anyone tell me what's causing this? Thanks.