Proper error message during down time at night

rishiswethan
There seems to be a downtime from 1:30AM to 3:00AM. We get random error messages when trying to do anything, making us confused as to what the actual problem is. Please use a proper message when there is downtime
Tagged:
  • sujith
    Can you let us know what API call you are referring to?
    It is the time at which BOD is run, OMS doesn't respond usually at this time.
  • rishiswethan
    rishiswethan edited May 2019
    @sujith If you try making any API calls at 1.30AM to 3.00AM, You'll get random messages, I don't have the traceback, I'll provide it next time I get it, but, you should be able to check on your end too
  • sujith
    If you can let us know the APIs for which you got an error, we can ask the concerned to take a look at this.
  • rishiswethan
    KiteConnect API. I'm not even able to login through the normal kite website too at the mentioned time
  • sujith
    This is very unlikely, a user should be able to use Kite during this time. Some API calls might fail but the user can use Kite web.
  • rishiswethan
    This happens almost every night, I'll post screenshots today
  • rishiswethan
    rishiswethan edited May 2019
    print(kite.margins())
    The above command worked till 1:30AM, the I get a kiteconnect.exceptions.GeneralException: Get Rms Limits Entity Response : Request not registered

Similarly, the AMO that was placed now did not appear in the order book
  • sujith
    As mentioned above these are the OMS calls and the error message are from OMS, we will inform them to update but not sure if it is going to happen soon.
  • rishiswethan
    This has been happening for many months, please follow up, thank you
  • sujith
    This is has been happening from years and not months. We have lobbied multiple times. We will inform the team again.
  • ms9491
    calling api : getMargins(kiteConnect) post 1 AM throws this exception : Get Rms Limits Entity Response : Request not registered 500 com.zerodhatech.kiteconnect.kitehttp.exceptions.GeneralException.

Is the BOD run scheduled for every night which mean we cant use API around this time on any day of the week.
  • sujith
    Yes, BOD means the beginning of the day process which runs every day.