Questions about Kite API servers latency, clock synchronisation and margin calculations

matrix
1. How can I calculate the latency between my system and Kite API servers, if there's another preferred way than 'ping'
2. How do I sync my clocks with the Kite API servers, and how do I make sure they're in sync?
3. Is the Margin calculation for bracket and cover order, up-to-date?
4. How often do the margin-multipliers get updated in a day? i.e. how often will I have to poll for an update?

• sujith
    You can make an API call and divide the time by 2.
    I don't think you can accurately match it, but you can be nearby just checking the server time and setting it on your system.
    Yes, it is up to date.
    The instruments margins can be updated any time during the day by the RMS team. There is no limit or fixed time for the same.
  • matrix
    Thank you Sujith! I'll test/implement those scenarios and revert if I have any follow-up questions.
  • matrix
    matrix edited May 2019
    I just noticed that the time on my earlier comment shows "9:02PM", when in fact, the time at the time of my comment was "9:32PM" in India. I'm guessing this is a minor glitch with the forums, unless either the time-zone in server settings or my user-settings is different.
  • sujith
    It is some issue with the forum framework.
  • matrix
    I don't think you can accurately match it, but you can be nearby just checking the server time and setting it on your system.
    Hey Sujith, how exactly do I check the current running time at the server?
  • sujith
    You can just make an API call and check the date in the header. Please note that it is GMT and not IST.