Limit orders(Stop loss & Purchase orders)

ZI4453

Does our instrument data provide limit orders or bracket orders on scripts ? i see we get 5 Buy/Sell orders data

Buy/Sell includes trades(Instrument data obtained from API call )placed by Institutional algo traders ?

What i am trying to understand :- limit or bracket order has already been placed to Exchange and it will get executed once script price meets the value.Now - Apart from these two order there are "regular orders" placed manually by humans and also we have institutional Algo trade orders.. Now when i read instrument data from API what are those 5 orders out of the possibilities i shared ?

Please update if i am misreading our data from Zerodha API

• Imran
    Market depth shows the number of open buy and sell orders at different price. The orders may be from the retail or institutional side.
  • ZI4453
    @Imran - I agree,Now (scenario example) there are actually sell 20 orders with NSE, 10 sell orders are from regular sell orders(retail or institutional side), and other 10 orders are actually Stop Loss orders which will be executed only if the price goes below the Stop loss price.. Now when we access the data from API are we going to see these 10 orders also included in top 5 sell orders ? because if the price does not go below that value that stop loss order will get cancelled.. if i write algorithim considering the Stop loss order i might have consider different modelling .. that why i would like to know if our data includes(SL sell orders )
  • sujith
    @ZI4453,
    You can refer this thread to go in the right direction.
  • ZI4453
    BullysEye :) ,please close the thread...Thank you..@sujith
This discussion has been closed.