Difference b/w stoploss, squareoff and trailingstoploss

Rohith
Hi, I am using kite Java api's, But I want to understand regarding OrderParams parameters. Suppose when create OrderParams as below what will happenes..? OrderParams orderParams = new OrderParams(); orderParams.quantity = 1; orderParams.orderType = Constants.ORDER_TYPE_MARKET; orderParams.price = 30.5; orderParams.transactionType = Constants.TRANSACTION_TYPE_BUY; orderParams.tradingsymbol = "SBIN"; orderParams.trailingStoploss = 1.0; orderParams.stoploss = 1.5; orderParams.exchange = Constants.EXCHANGE_NSE; orderParams.validity = Constants.VALIDITY_DAY; orderParams.squareoff = 3.0; I wanted to buy SBIN for price 30.5 by keeping stoploss as 29.0. and if it reaches 33.5 it should squareoff. And Also please let me know usecase or example to use trailingStoploss. I am new to this trading. Please help me..
  • sujith
    We don't offer bracket order with the entry order type market. We only support the LIMIT and SL type entry.
    You can check out this article to know more about the bracket order.

The target and stop-loss values are points and your values are right in the above context.
    You can check out the java examples here.
  • Rohith
    Okay. What i understand is, suppose if i buy SBI for 30 rupee and i set stoploss point as 2 then as soon SBI reaches 28 it will exit, is that correct..? @sujith
  • Imran
    hii @Rohith
    Okay. What i understand is, suppose if i buy SBI for 30 rupee and i set stoploss point as 2 then as soon SBI reaches 28 it will exit, is that correct..?
    yes that is correct