Historical options data

hyberbolicfin
I asked this question in a previous post. But there were 2 questions, and the main, 2nd one wasn't answered. That thread was closed, and I didn't find a way to re-open it.

I am trying to download historical data for the last few years for options using the "continuous=1" parameter.
1) For all the options, despite giving a longer time range, I am getting data only starting from 22nd January 2019. Is data before that unavailable? Or is there any other issue.

I am using the Python client. Sample call:
kite.historical_data(20608002, '2014-06-01', '2019-07-11', 'day', 1)

This is the id for TATAGLOBAL19JUL160CE. I know for a fact that TATAGLOBAL has traded around Rs.160 at various points in 2017, so this particular option would have been traded at that time. So data should have been available for 2017. But it is not getting returned. I am getting data only since 22nd Jan '19.
  • rakeshr
    @hyberbolicfin
    Continuous data is available only for futures contract.We don't provide continuous data for options contracts.
  • hyberbolicfin
    Oh ok. Well, I am getting continuous data for options till January '19 at least. Is that incorrect data?

Also, is there any way of getting historical options data? Even a one-time day-wise dump would be fine.
  • rakeshr
    @hyberbolicfin
    Well, I am getting continuous data for options till January '19 at least. Is that incorrect data?
    No, we don't recommend fetching continuous data for Option contracts.
    Also, is there any way of getting historical options data? Even a one-time day-wise dump would be fine.
    We don't have historical option contract data. You may consider getting it from any of the authorized Nse data vendors.
  • hyberbolicfin
    Thanks for the info. But you are confident about your futures and stocks data, I assume?