Getting correct real time 1-minute candle data efficiently

sameer
sameer edited August 2016 in General
How to get real time 1-minute bar data efficiently using kite
1) Web Socket: Theoretically we should be able to construct 1-minute bar from tick data, but kite doesnt guarantee every tick so in case kite dont send tick that has 1-minute high or low, program wont be able to construct 1-minute bar with correct high/low so constructing correct 1-minute candle from Web Socket API is not possible

2) Histotical API: We can fetch 1-minute data every 1-minute. But this gives whole current day data (i.e. I guess at 11:30am it will give 1-minute data from 9:15 to 11:30)which is in-efficient if we make query after every 1-minute

Please tell me method for getting correct real time 1-minute bar data efficiently
  • Kailash
    1) and 2) are correct. We don't really have a solution to "stream" minute candles efficiently right now. Let me look into this.
  • agarwalvipin
    Were you able to find a solution to this?

I would suggest - just like 'ltp', 'quote' and 'full' you should have an option 'Candle' where you should push an update once every minute on the websocket. this way all the users on websocket will have a realtime candles in a push way and not pull.
  • Rudrakanth
    Very much interested for the new option to stream ohlc candle data using websocket.
    Highly appreciated if this is achieved.
  • ZI4453
    Brokers usually stream whenever there is an update in Level 1, and most brokers push the data to sockets and dont wait for any response form consumer end.
    If there is no latency sensitive strategy & if we have "strongest buy and Sell signal generated" missing out tick should not be an issue(until there is drastic drop in volume).
    When i mean signals:- i would prefer to put them in range, instead of assigning a constant value and waiting for a tick to reach the constant .
    Since we are least end of data consumption expecting variance would be apt practice .
    Btw- you also need to ensure that we are not clogging incoming stream and also need to have good NIC with decent ISP speed.
  • sujith
    @Rudrakanth,
    I am afraid we can't do that as of now. We recommend generating candles for live strategies at your end using the live market data provided via websockets. You can get started here.