Using Stochastic Momentum Indicator. But getting different values than what is in the charts

yeshari
I am using Stochastic Momentum Indicator. But getting different values that what is in the charts by Kite. The difference is not negligible to be ignored. Tried the formula for historical intra-day chart for 1m. The signals are totally different than what I see in the charts. This distorts my strategy totally.

Can someone from Zerodha confirm the formula I am giving below? The formula I am using is this.

cm = close - (highesthigh + lowestlow) / 2
cm = EMA(EMA(cm))

hl = highesthigh - lowestlow
hl = EMA(EMA(hl))

SMI = 100 * (cm / (hl/2))
Signal = EMA(SMI)

The period I am using for EMA is 3. The multiplication factor I am using for EMA is 2. The D period and K period I am using are 10.
  • sujith
    Hi @yeshari,
    Kite Connect is purely an execution platform. We don't provide support or solutions for any kind of strategy.
  • yeshari
    @sujith
    Thanks for your response. I am not looking for a strategy or a solution which is my work.

kite.zerodha.com is displaying indicator in the charts using some formula for calculation. I am using a formula for calculation. If the formulas are the same, the results should be the same. But it is not. That's why I am asking for which formula is used. I gave the formula I used.

I emphasize again that I am not looking for a strategy (for e.g., how to use an indicator - it is my work). I simply want to know the formula used for an indicator.
  • HollyWood
    Yes you will and for good reason. get in touch with me - www.linkedin.com/in/william1358132134