Finding trading symbol or instrument token of weekly nifty option

ashishjindal89
How can I get trading symbol or instrument token of weekly nifty options? I can get all the instrument token and segregate based on EQ/FO etc but how to find token or symbol from it. I also checked that the trading symbol sometimes doesn't match the general pattern e.g NIFTY19N0711500CE is being used for 7th nov 2019 nifty option instead NIFTY19NOV0711500CE, notice OV is missing in NOV.
  • rakeshr
    @ashishjindal89
    You can get complete trading instrument(including weekly nifty option) from complete instrument_dump.
    I also checked that the trading symbol sometimes doesn't match the general pattern e.g NIFTY19N0711500CE is being used for 7th nov 2019 nifty option instead NIFTY19NOV0711500CE, notice OV is missing in NOV.
    Yeah,that's correct only first letter of month is used in contract naming,ex for 12th December Nifty weekly contract it's NIFTY19D1210500CE.
  • ashishjindal89
    @rakeshr for dec nifty options, it is "DEC". Thats why I asked. Also for nifty bank, index name is "Nifty bank" but options have "BANKNIFTY". I want to know if there is a way to get all options linked to an equity/index. That instrument dump doesn't have this mapping. I am trying to get these mapping programmatically.
  • rakeshr
    @ashishjindal89
    For DEC nifty options, it with D eg. NIFTY19D1210500CE,as stated above.You can check complete trading symbol and instrument token here.
    Also for nifty bank, index name is "Nifty bank" but options have "BANKNIFTY".
    Yeah,all these are one time mapping.You can programmatically config it once at your end.
    I want to know if there is a way to get all options linked to an equity/index. That instrument dump doesn't have this mapping. I am trying to get these mapping programmatically.
    You can send suffix as NFO(required exchange) at the end of the instrument dump API eg. https://api.kite.trade/instruments/NFO and get complete futures and options linked to equity/index.