Getting low stike price from other platform.

sandy1990
sandy1990 edited October 2019 in PHP client
Hi Team,

This is in regards to the Zerodha API. We are using the API to develop our platform but we are facing issue

While fetching the records for full instruments we are getting low strike price records. while in market strike price so on the platform like sensibull for the same tradingsymbol.

Please help us resolve, am facing the issue. Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Regards
Tagged:
  • themohammedfaisal
    @sandy1990,
    Can you elaborate on your query? The instrument master contains all strikes available to trade.
  • sandy1990
    Actually, we are using coding below -

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'https://api.kite.trade/instruments');
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, 'GET');

$headers = array();
    $headers[] = 'X-Kite-Version: 3';
    $headers[] = 'Authorization: token XXX:YYY';
    $headers[] = 'Content-Type: application/json';
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $headers);

$result = curl_exec($ch);
    if (curl_errno($ch)) {
    echo 'Error:' . curl_error($ch);
    }
    curl_close($ch);

• rakeshr
    @sandy1990
    Can you let us know, the missing strike and the contract/instruments detail?
  • sandy1990
    Thank you Rakesh, Please find attachment.
    I have used CURL with Php and https://github.com/zerodhatech/kiteconnectjs/tree/kite3. (shared by you)
    But I am getting a strike price which is on lower side whereas if you look at Sensibull you will get the highest strike price.

• sandy1990
    Thank you Rakesh, Please find attachment.
    I have used CURL with Php and https://github.com/zerodhatech/kiteconnectjs/tree/kite3. (shared by you)
    But I am getting a strike price which is on lower side whereas if you look at Sensibull you will see the highest strike price.

Please find attachments my and sensibull.

• themohammedfaisal
    @sandy1990,
    The instrument master contains all strikes that are allowed to trade, however, there is no liquidity in deep ITM and OTM contracts. Sensibull is also built on Kite Connect APIs. They filter these strikes from all the strikes and display the ones closer to the spot price. You can also do the same while building your option chain.
  • sandy1990
    Thank you, Mohammed Faisal for your help. It is really helpful however we are still facing some issues reated to LTP. Please help us to resolve them as well.

We are getting always 0 as the last price, please find below attachment for better understanding.

1. Sensibull is getting the LTP but when we are trying to implement the LTP of instrument it always shows '0' is all instrument type (EQ,PE,CE,FUT)

2. How does Sensibull calculate the OI?? Are you guys providing the data to them or it is their own algorithm?

3. How does Sensibull select the strike range in the case of options trading?

Regards
    Team DailyNivesh
  • themohammedfaisal
    @sandy1990,
    1. You will get last traded price for strikes that have traded during the day. From the screenshot you've shared, I can see that the strikes you are looking at are deep ITM or OTM(for which no trades have happened). Why don't you try checking for strikes closer to the spot?
    2. The Websocket stream for the scrip includes the OI of the contract also. You can check the documentation here. The calculation for change in OI is a simple one.
    3. I believe Sensibull selects the strike based on a certain range above/below the spot price.

Note: Data from Kite Connect APIs is meant for personal use only. If you are looking at building a platform out of it, you need to get it from an NSE authorized data vendor.