Login Automation

MW5790
When I follow then login flow to get a request token to use in the Client API, I am then redirected to either a different URL OR back to login screen of Kite.
Now, i cannot use the web anymore since I have to keep re-logging in. and each time I login the request token has to be refreshed in the API. is there some way to use the web client and API simultaneously , especially during testing.
How long is the auth token issued once valid ?
Tagged:
  • rakeshr
    @MW5790
    When I follow then login flow to get a request token to use in the Client API, I am then redirected to either a different URL OR back to login screen of Kite.
    Are you entering same client as you have mentioned in the connect developer's dashboard?
    After successful login, you will be re-directed to Redirect URL that you have mentioned in connect developer dashboard.
    Now, i cannot use the web anymore since I have to keep re-logging in. and each time I login the request token has to be refreshed in the API.
    You can use kite web and kite connect APIs simultaneously for same user id.Until you go to kite web profile section and clear all active session under Active app sessions.You can also see your connect API name here, if successful login.
    You need to generate access_token once from access_token and then keep using the same throughout day.
    How long is the auth token issued once valid ?
    The access_token is valid for one whole day whereas request token is valid for one time and valid for a couple of minutes.
This discussion has been closed.