API for a Instrument

Jagan
We are looking for an API that provides information for a token or ( trading symbol + Exchange ). Dynamic documents like instrument dump and a separate document for margin, blocked scripts, etc giving lots of problems.

Single API which gives following details for an instrument or a set of instruments( maybe like LTP API)

1. Instrument Token
2. Trading symbol
3. Exchange
4. Tick size
5. Margin
6. Status (Active, MIS blocked, etc)
7. Type(instrument type)
8. Segment
and other information specific to script like lower and upper circuit limits etc..If you can add technical and fundamental indicators(available in kite-web) that would be a bonus.

Can you please check the feasibility of providing this API, that surely help Kite Connect subscribers.
  • sujith
    Hi @Jagan,
    Kite Connect is purely an execution platform. We don't provide solutions to write strategies.
    We already provide all these features with the Instrument master dump, margins data API, Quote API.

You can write a wrapper at your end if you think the Kite Connect library lacks this feature.
  • Jagan
    I was referring to Margin data that is available at https://zerodha.com/margin-calculator/Equity/. Blocked scripts are available in excel sheet of same url. Most of the time we get to know about blocked script through Kite Exception, by parsing the message of the exception. Can you please let me know where can I fetch Margin MIS Multiplier for a script?
  • sujith
    It is the only source for us as well. This is something that is handled by the RMS team and they keep updating the sheet during the day as well.
    We already have instruments margins API, you can find more details here.
  • Jagan
    Thanks, I was not aware of those API.
This discussion has been closed.