Trigger Condition to Zerodha

KrishnakantB
Hello team, I am trying to integrate Zerodha API. I have a query regarding the trigger set up. Do I need to send the trigger condition to Zerodha ? Will the system accept the trigger condition also for the order or it will just take the order part ? If it just takes the order part then I have to set up the trigger thing in my own system but in that case how will I be able to access the live data? Is there any easy way out or any function which can be helpful to access live data from Zerodha system to our system? Please help out, any input will be helpful. FYI - I am doing it in PHP language.
  • sujith
    sujith edited March 2020
    Kite Connect offers GTT and order place APIs. You can check out the documentation for both and decide what you need.
    Kite Connect offers only two types of subscription i.e. base subscription which gives all features of Kite Connect which includes fetching orderbook, positions, holdings, funds, place an order, modify an order, cancel an order, convert position, listen to live market data using websocket or Quote API and historical data add-on subscription which is only for historical data.
    Please note that the PHP version of Kite Connect doesn't have websocket. You will have to use kiteconnectjs or pykiteconnect for websocket API.
  • KrishnakantB
    Thank you for the revert, Sujith. Yes, we checked websocket but it can only fetch 3000 instruments. We need triggers in our own system and then place orders in Zerodha. Now the problem we are facing is how to compare the trigger parameters with the live data to place the orders. Any thoughts on this ?
  • sujith
    I don't think you can do that using Kite Connect for all instruments since the cap is 3k instruments per connection.
    You may have to consider using some exchange registered data vendors.
  • KrishnakantB
    So you mean to set up trigger in my investment app - we have to get live data from other vendor - integrate it in our system - create trigger - and then send order data to Zerodha - Is it the right flow and understanding ?
  • sujith
    Yes, you need to use data from a third party and place an order via Kite Connect.