Indices Spot price in "kite.ltp" or "kite.quote" mode

nimesh301
Can anyone help me how to get spot price of Indices like Nifty, BankNifty using kite.ltp() or kite.quote() ??
  • sujith
    You can refer to the documentation here.
  • nimesh301
    Thanks Sujith for your comment. Should I use "NSE:NIFTY" to get SPOT PRICE of NIFTY?? or I have to use "NFO:NIFTY" ??

I used above both options but not getting any values..!!!
  • sujith
    You need to send a valid instrument tradingsymbol as mentioned in the instruments dump.
  • nimesh301
    I know the trading symbol for spot NIFTY is NIFTY but don't know the exchange I have to add for. Means I have to check for NSE or NFO?? Actually NIFTY spot is an INDICES. So my question is this how to get spot values for any indices???

As I check all those documents, there is NO such way to find Spot price of any indicies using ltp mode or quote mode.. I appreciate you if you can help me to solve this issue..
  • sujith
    sujith edited May 2020
    The tradingsymbol for NIFTY index is NIFTY 50 and the exchange is NSE. This exactly why I asked you to refer the instruments dump. It is the main reference for all the instruments that are traded for the day.

Many times, instruments move from EQ series to BE, BL series. Hence it is very important to pull instruments master everyday once and cache it at your end.
  • nimesh301
    This will help a lot. Thanks Sujith for your kind cooperation!!
This discussion has been closed.