Abruptly stopped getting Postbacks

devarajh
devarajh edited May 2020 in API clients
Dear Team,
From yesterday at 11 am, I am not getting Postbacks. Earlier it was working. The only change I did in this timespan is subscription renewal.
Can you please check the issue urgently and let me know the details.
The same day evening when its tried, received postback, but it was blank.

Please do call back since you do not have call support.

This is urgent since I have to save my time.

Thank you,
Devarajh
  • sujith
    Seems like there is some issue with your php script.
  • devarajh
    But, it's unchanged from the last 2 months.
    And it was working as expected for these days.
  • devarajh
    I request you to kindly check if there is an issue with my account. Since the only change took place on that day was the renewal of the app API subscription.

kindly do the needful and take this seriously since I am not able to use trade automation from the last 2 days.
  • devarajh
    To add more:
    My postbacks were working fine before 2 days.
    Today, when I am trying to just save the same postback URL, getting below error:
    "The postback url could not be reached. Please make sure the port is 80 or 443"

Why this is now?

I have checked to open the URL in browser, and it is working as expected.
  • devarajh
    Can I request the IP addresses of the servers issuing postback, to share with my site hosting team for better traceability?
    Thank you,
  • sujith
    sujith edited May 2020
    We don't see any issue from our end. There are many users who are using this in production and businesses are dependent on it. We haven't received any complaints as such.
  • ArthaKalpa
    ArthaKalpa edited May 2020
    Dear @sujith
    Even I didn't receive postback for a particular COMPLETE order at 14:01:15 today (2020-05-20)
    OrderID - 200520201281119
    Please check at your end
  • devarajh
    Thank you for the update Sujith,
    If required will revert.
  • ArthaKalpa
    @sujith Same issue today at 09:46:44 (2020-05-21)
    OrderID - 200521200271731
    Please confirm whether there is an issue at your end.
    Note that I have received postback for both the prior and subsequent orders.
  • SandeepKV
    Hi @sujith is there any reliable way of receiving postbacks? Because even I am facing this erratic behavior of not receiving postback. Losing track of transactions for us can be costly.
  • ArthaKalpa
    @sujith
    Could you please reply?
    One more instance of the same issue (12:04:10 on 2020-05-21). I am confident that this behavior is a consequence of a fault at your end. Please check. This is becoming a lot of late. Costing us quite some money here.
    OrderID - 200521200963403
  • sujith
    @ArthaKalpa,
    Like I have mentioned above, we don't have any issues at our end. There are live businesses using postbacks that are used by tens of thousands of users.
    Please don't make passive-aggressive comments. It is against the accord of the forum. If you have issue then please ask and confirm, don't just jump to the conclusion.
  • sujith
    sujith edited May 2020
    @ArthaKalpa,
    It seems like the service that you are running is not reachable.
  • ArthaKalpa
    Fair enough @sujith
    My bad. My apologies for my statements.
    However, could you please tell me how you confirm that our service was unreachable? Our service runs on AWS and afaik, the service can't go unreachable. Especially when I receive the postbacks for the prior and subsequent orders, I fail to understand how our service went unreachable for this particular postback. Please help me understand.
  • sujith
    sujith edited May 2020
    I just opened your postback URL on the browser.
  • ArthaKalpa
    @sujith
    If it helps, I could share my entire day's logs with you. I am just trying to understand where the entire system might be failing. I log the entire json as soon as it hits our endpoint. Since the endpoint is hosted on AWS, I find it very difficult to assess what in the entire pipeline is causing this erratic dropping.
  • ArthaKalpa
    @sujith
    Please don't do a GET request. We are not answering GET requests on that URL (endpoint). We are expecting and processing only POST requests on that endpoint.
  • sujith
    It usually throws method not allowed, if the service is up and running.
  • ArthaKalpa
    @sujith
    Please note that after market hours, even the POST requests won't be answered with 200 but only 502. Only during market hours, POST requests are answered with 200 response after successfully logging the json as the very first step.
  • ArthaKalpa
    @sujith
    I beg to differ on the method you have used to verify our endpoint. Unless you cURL a valid json POST request to our endpoint during market hours and not get a valid response, I don't think it is correct to conclude the service is not up and running. Regarding the METHOD NOT ALLOWED (405) message, u get that message if you are able to directly hit the endpoint with your GET request, not if we have a proxy in-between. Please correct me if I am wrong. Eagerly waiting to sort this issue.
  • devarajh
    devarajh edited May 2020
    @sujith
    For testing purpose, I changed my postback URL to another server and got the postback update there as expected.

In this case can you please help me and verify if 103.102.234.70 is blocked for sending postback at Kite API end by any chance.

This IP is server IP on which I was getting postbacks as expected before 15th May 2020 1100am.
    And suddenly stopped getting postback on the same server. everything is as it was earlier, not even code change took place in the program.

But now not getting postback on this server anymore.

Can you please check the 103.102.234.70 is blocked to send postback by any chance any reason at kite API server.
  • ArthaKalpa
    ArthaKalpa edited May 2020
    @devarajh
    Please don't share your postback IP publicly. Might not be safe. Somebody with malicious intent might hit your endpoint with false responses.
  • devarajh
    devarajh edited May 2020
    @ArthaKalpa
    Thank you for the input. I will keep this in mind.

@sujith
    Is there any way to remove my previous post or the IP from that post. Please help.
  • sujith
    @ArthaKalpa,
    A server has to be up to say method not allowed or to throw any other error. It was not up the other day I checked.

@devarajh, I am not sure what is the issue at your end.

Let me save all of our time, one of the easiest ways to test postbacks is using postbin
  • ArthaKalpa
    @sujith
    As I said, please don't make GET request. And, you get METHOD NOT ALLOWED (405) message only if you are able to directly hit the endpoint with your GET request, not if we have a proxy in-between. Please correct me if I am wrong. Please try by POSTing a DUPLICATE json if you are planning to test it manually. Also, please note that we are receiving your postbacks on a regular basis. I have an issue with only 3 postbacks (order_id) which I have shared. We haven't received postbacks for only those 3 order_id. Since only those 3 are missing, I am guessing the erratic dropping to be happening either with the postback system which is supposed to send the postback or in the network in-between. In either of the cases, we need to resolve this erratic dropping issue as a team. What do you think?
  • ArthaKalpa
    @sujith
    Attaching the SUCCESS response from the postback URL. You can use similar methods to verify. Even before this we have tested using Postman. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
  • ArthaKalpa
    @sujith
    Do you have any logs with you that confirms that you have sent the json and received a 200 response from our endpoint? - If you share that, we can discuss further to see what's causing this erratic dropping.