List of securities banned for intraday and BTST trading

VarunAgw
Is there any API or a just a dump which contains such list. I currently use https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v3/market-quotes/ endpoint to download instruments, but it doesn't define these securities.
  • rakeshr
    @VarunAgw
    MIS order is allowed only on the trading symbol, available in this EQ margin API.
  • VarunAgw
    VarunAgw edited June 2020
    @rakeshr This includes only equities for which you provide margin. But I also want equities which are available for day trading even without margin.

Example: OSWALAGRO allows intraday trading, while CORALFINAC doesn't.
  • rakeshr
    @VarunAgw
    currently, we don't have an API end point for the same. You may have to use an equity margin calculator. Or you can have a boolean flag at your end, as explained here.
  • VarunAgw
    I am not sure why you suggested "equity margin calculator". It doesn't show either of these stocks.

Regarding a flag, there is a slight problem with it. If I remember correctly, the list keeps changing. So I have to update the flag everyday for 5000 stocks. It's far from ideal. Maybe I will hit the day limit for the order API too.

I guess there is nothing I can do at this moment then.
  • rakeshr
    @VarunAgw
    I am not sure why you suggested "equity margin calculator". It doesn't show either of these stocks.
    You can see the MIS Multiplier column. It shows the scrip allowed on MIS. You will have to manually check/search that.
    Regarding a flag, there is a slight problem with it. If I remember correctly, the list keeps changing. So I have to update the flag everyday for 5000 stocks. It's far from ideal. Maybe I will hit the day limit for the order API too.
    Why do you need to do it for all 5000 stocks? Are you going to place orders on all 5000 stocks? Just assign intraday_flag for scrip on which you are interested in placing order. Maybe have a helper method(flag assignment), that gets called before the order placement/any other calculation, and then use it accordingly for placement.
    I guess there is nothing I can do at this moment then.
    As stated above, currently we don't have a direct API endpoint for the same.
    You can try using the above alternative or ignore it.
    We are working on having an API endpoint for the MIS list, but it will take some time.
  • VarunAgw
    > You can see the MIS Multiplier column. It shows the scrip allowed on MIS. You will have to manually check/search that.

I am not really interested in MIS type orders. I only make CNC order. CNC do allow intraday trades too. So if you long a CNC stock, you can later square it off too.

This is what I am interested in (for all the stocks). I want to classify stocks by intraday, BTST only, and delivery-to-delivery. Why 5000 stocks? Because I am building a stock screener.

• VarunAgw
    @rakeshr Forgot to tag you ^
  • rakeshr
    @VarunAgw
    This is what I am interested in (for all the stocks). I want to classify stocks by intraday, BTST only, and delivery-to-delivery.
    Currently, we don't have a direct API endpoint for the same. As stocks defined under the above classification changes during intra-day as well(RMS), you can't be depended on the static endpoint for such a huge number(5000+). We are working on this, we will update here once available.