Kite Candlestick construction callback like websocket

Prem
Hi @vivek ,Hi @sujith , Hi @Kailash ,

Can you create HistoricalDataAPI like WebsocketAPI in Java Client. Means, like websocket I will receive "Candlestick(OHLCV)" in callback when assigned interval is finished such as ("minute" or "3minute" etc).

Means, I can initialize API by giving Candlestick Interval i.e "minute" or "3minute" then I will receive Candlestick(OHLCV)" in callback when assigned interval is finished till the end of the market i.e. 3:30.

Because it is not possible to Construct Candlestick Data Similer as Kite plateform for that assigned interval.

Kindly reply
  • Prem
    Hi @vivek ,Hi @sujith , Hi @Kailash ,

Kindly reply
  • sujith
    Hi @Prem,

I am afraid this is not on our road map.
  • Prem
    Prem edited November 2016
    Kindly add and implement it. It is not complex requirement. Can you implement this? It is not streaming like websocket in real time but is gives "Candlestick Data" in callback after assigned time interval i.e "minute or 3minute etc." and it continues till the end of the Market i.e 3:30.

Kindly reply @sujith
  • Prem
    Kindly reply @sujith

Its possible or not?
  • sujith
    We might do it later. But not now for sure and we cannot guarantee time.
  • Prem
    I know that you can't guarantee time but its complicated to implement at client end. if I will implement it at the our end then it may be vary if I compare it with Kite candlestick. So, this is the reason I want Kite Candlestick data at given candlestick interval.
  • Matti
    @Prem This would be true for any charting platform. It's highly unlikely that you'll find 2 charting platforms showing you identical candles. The reason for this has been explained in TradingQ&A. You should check it out. Even if we were to implement this for you, the likelihood of the charts being identical to Kite is quite low.
  • Prem
    Hello @Nikhil.A ,
    I don't want you to implement this. I Just want that if I will call historical data API then It will Return Candlestick Data when I call Historical Data API for today 09/11/16 at 11:00:00 then it will return all candlestick data from 09:15 to 11:00:00 or 10:59:00.

But I just want this data little differently, means I every Candlestick data interval by interval in callback means if I give "minute" interval and call Historical data API then it has a callback that return Candlestick Data when every i minute interval is complete. I don't think that this will require new Candlestick Construction. It only requires Historical Candlestick Data interval by interval i.e "minute or 3minute"

Kindly reply
  • Prem
    Kindly reply @Nikhil.A
  • sujith
    Hi Prem,
    You can just create a handler which keeps making getHistoricalData call. You can schedule it to run according to your time interval.
  • sameer
    @Kailash 1) U said NSE does not release real time minute data. So does NSE releases minute data at EOD?
    2) Is "high/low of day so far" and "total volume traded for day so far" in tick data is not fully accurate(as reason given by nithin in another thread) ?
  • Kailash
    Kailash edited November 2016
    1) No. Exchanges do not release EOD minute data.
    2) If you're referring to WebSocket tick data, they're "so far" fields and are relayed by the exchanges and not computed at our end.