New Android Mobile App - Newbie needs help

yoursvsr
Hi Team,

Newbie here. Just trying to build an android app through .NetStandard / Xamarin stack.

Before starting with actual dev, I need clarifications for the following. Can someone from the Zerodha Team please help?

1) I need to register a redirect url for obtaining request token during login. Should I have a functioning remote website, even for mobile app? Or, can I just pull off a url out of thin air :smile: and start using it in my app webview?

2) How can I receive postbacks through websocket? Please point me towards api reference.

3) What would be the best time to get OHLCV data for the day (for next trading day's use)? What is the last time in the day for retrieving full market quotes for the day? Listening to websocket ticks the entire day would obviously be overkill for end-of-day data, right?

4) What are the EOD and BOD timings at Kite?

Thanks in advance.
  • tonystark
    1. Yes you can. Use a localhost URL and grab request token while WebView URL matches.
    2. Checkout void OnOrderUpdateHandler(Order OrderData); callback of your Kite object.

3 and 4, @sujith can answer more accurately
  • yoursvsr
    @tonystark

Thanks for the quick response.

1) Why even a localhost url? Can't I just use something like "https://xyz.abc.com/" (fictitious) and catch the redirect? Apologize if I sound too naive.

2) Got it.
  • yoursvsr
    3 and 4, @sujith can answer more accurately
    @sujith can you please help on 3 and 4 above? Thanks.
  • sujith
    @yoursvsr,
    Is this app for personal use or for mass?

The BOD process starts after mid-night and ends early in the next morning.
    The BHAV copy data is updated in the Websocket post BOD process.
  • yoursvsr
    yoursvsr edited July 2020
    @sujith

This is for personal use only.

So, if I get market quotes at, say, 8:00 am in the morning, can I assume I get the market quotes (OHLCV data as per bhavcopy) of previous trading day?
  • sujith
    Yes, you can fetch at 08:00 AM the next day.
  • yoursvsr
    Thanks for the confirmation. You may close this thread now.
  • sujith
    If somehow you are going to make this app public or the repository public then make sure you don't embed the api_secret inside the mobile app.
This discussion has been closed.