WebSocket connection upgrade failed (429 - TooManyRequests)

zuser
zuser edited September 2020 in Market data (WebSockets)
I have two kite connect apps. I connected to websocket from one app at 3 places(max limit).

I am trying to subscribe to websocket feed from second app now. Its throwing 429- TooManyRequests. I am not placing any order or calling quote api etc that may exceed the limit.
  • sujith
    You can know more here.
  • sujith
    Are you sure you are not opening the fourth connection on the same api_key?
  • zuser
    zuser edited September 2020
    Are you sure you are not opening the fourth connection on the same api_key?
    @sujith
    I am opening only first connection with the api_key I am talking about. (I have two keys.) Is the limit applied at user level or api_key level?
  • sujith
    A maximum of 3 connections can be opened using the one api_key.
  • zuser
    @sujith
    Then plz check. I am trying to make first connection with the api_key and its giving 429. (I re-generated api_secret to assure that no other code is connected to the api_key. Another api_key has 3 connections and its working fine.)
  • sujith
    Can you private message the api_key for which you are facing the issue with complete stack trace?
  • zuser
    zuser edited September 2020
    The issue seems to be resolved now. I reran the same code and its working.
    Thanks @sujith !
  • sujith
    sujith edited September 2020
    This could be because the restriction is removed for now for legacy reasons. It can happen again, you can share the complete stacktrace at that time. Make sure to share it as a private message since it can have sensitive information. we can check and get back to you.