Instrument List

master
master edited November 2020 in General
Hello Sir,
I download instrument List from your link. I see Nifty Fut (Any Expiery) Lot Size is 75 Which is ok for profit loss calculation, But i confused in CDS, USDINR(Any Expiery) Lot Size Is 1 (Actually It's 1000). How I calculate profit Loss For CDS Script ? Required Define 1000 In in Your Instrument List. This is not possible to get Profit Loss Without 1000. My Plateform Is Auto Trading so not possible add or modify manually. May Be Same Problems In Any Other Currency. I Just Check USDINR. Give Me Answe As soon as possible.
Thanks
  • sujith
    You can check out this thread to know the P&L calculation.
  • master
    Hi Sujith
    I Read Your Reference Thread, I know formula of calculation, But how to get multiplier for usd inr ?
  • master
    master edited November 2020
    As per thread formula
    (sellValue - buyValue) + (netQuantity * lastPrice * multiplier
    (75-74)+(1*74*1)=75 Actually Its 1000
    1 Lot=1000 usd so How To Get 1000 from Instrument List ?
  • master
    Pls think and understand my problem as a programmer. This is not possible for all symbol lot_size add manually.
  • master
    Order Lot Size Is Nifty for 75 , Why for usd = 1 ?
  • sujith
    You don't need to refer to multiple files. The multiplier takes care of it. The multiplier is there in the positions response.
  • master
    FROM THIS CALL https://api.kite.trade:443 "GET /portfolio/positions?access_token=vy5jn**************g&api_key=h4*********8kxlz8y ?
  • master
    yes i get multiplier by https://api.kite.trade/portfolio/positions?access_token=something&api_key=something,
    Buy my problem is i want to update profit at every tick in my software. also only those order which is executed by my software. which is not possible by every time calls. There is any api for display specific instrument details ? that is possible to add multiplier in instrument list by kite side..
  • master
    for your information i saved instrument list's all fields in my database
  • master
    if possible give me your contact number.
  • master
    I am waiting for your reply sir
  • sujith
    Yes, you need to use multiplier from the portfolio/positions.
    If you need live P&L then you need to use the last price from the Websocket API or Quote API and keep updating the data.
    We don't have a special endpoint to fetch partial positions. You need to fetch complete positions from this endpoint.

We don't provide one to one support. You can write here.
  • master
    Hello Sir, If needed time then just me reply "Wait for discuss"
  • master
    Thx Sujith for your reply , that is possible to add multiplier in instrument list by kite side.. ?
  • master
    by adding multiplier in instrument list my problems will be resolved.
  • sujith
    @master,
    I am afraid we can't do that. The instruments master is an info that is dumped every morning which gives information regarding the instruments that are traded for the day which should be ideally downloaded and updated every day.
    It doesn't make sense to add a multiplier which will be required only when someone takes position. You may use the positions API.
  • rishiajmera
    @sujith
    I was reading the whole thread about the PNL calculation.
    You've mentioned that we can fetch the multiplier from the position API call. May I know at what interval do we get the updated positions via this call? Multiplier will be required as soon as the positions it took. But if don't get the latest position by the position API call, then there will be a leg and MTM calculation will fail for us.
  • sujith
    The multiplier is a constant which differs for different instruments. It doesn't get updated like P&L.
  • rishiajmera
    rishiajmera edited February 2021
    @sujith you didn't get my question.
    I think portfolio/positions don't get updated live. So if one position is taken in any symbol, how much time it will take to be reflected in the portfolio/positions API call response?
  • sujith
    If there is an orderbook update then the positions will appear immediately. If it is peak time then you may have to add one or two seconds delay otherwise on a normal day it will appear as soon as there is an update.
  • rishiajmera
    Okay got it. Thanks @sujith
This discussion has been closed.