some suggestions

milli
Hi,

I had a few suggestions. Please take it as something to improve the already great service. This is in no manner a criticism.

The API docs , at least the pykiteconnect, is lacking in some very important areas -
a. It does not specify what type of value a function expects as an input i.e. string, integer, etc.

b. It would be of great help if somewhere in the API docs the sample return value could be mentioned. This would help a lot of development time spent on understanding the return structure. Most details are available, but if it is available at one place on Zerodha's site, one would be feel more confident.

Thank you and hopefully you will find my suggestions helpful.
  • rakeshr
    a. It does not specify what type of value a function expects as an input i.e. string, integer, etc.
    We will look into this for the python client. For Java client, we do have a defined data input data types.
    b. It would be of great help if somewhere in the API docs the sample return value could be mentioned.
    Yes, we do have mentioned response structure for all end-points on Kite trade doc.
  • milli
    @rakeshr

Yes, I saw the javadocs and these are much more detailed compared to Python docs.

Since, we are here do you think that Kite for Java is more robust, easier to develop, faster and overall a better option that Kite for Python ?

Thanks
  • rakeshr
    You can use any official client as per your convenience/ ease of use. In the end, all the official client hit the same API point.