Order history api for MKT SELL order

sagaranilganu
sagaranilganu edited January 2021 in Python client
1] I have a scenario where I make a MKT SELL order for Nifty options with huge quantity say 6000
2] Now although its a MKT order ; the SELL happens in tranches which is much possible.
3] I poll the kite.order_history(Sell_Order_Id) api to find the ["data"]["status"] == "COMPLETE"

Q] What does the api return in case of MKT SELL order??
(Does it return the dictionaries starting from order pending, validated, placed, sell tranch1, 2, 3... till order status COMPLETE)??
Please opine.
  • rakeshr
    @sagaranilganu
    I have a scenario where I make a MKT SELL order for Nifty options with huge quantity say 6000
    We don't allow Market orders for illiquid Index options. You can go through this article to know more.
    I poll the kite.order_history(Sell_Order_Id) api to find the ["data"]["status"] == "COMPLETE"
    Although, you can poll order history. But, a continuous poll is not recommended. Maybe you can setup postback setup at your end.
    What does the api return in case of MKT SELL order??
    Yes, it returns a dictionary for a python client. You can check the response here.
  • sagaranilganu
    1] We don't allow Market orders for illiquid Index options. You can go through this article to know more.
    -> I am trading for 200 points ITM for only NIFTY FUT .... well within the 5% limit.
    Won't it be allowed as market Buy-Sell orders??

2] Although, you can poll order history. But, a continuous poll is not recommended. Maybe you can setup postback setup at your end.
    -> Yes its true that polling is not a good idea when one has interrupts (Postbacks over Websockets).
    But what if the socket connection BREAKS and MAKES up after say 5secs?
    Since the api does NOT store the data and only fires what it receives from exchanges; I have no way to know the status.
    So only was is to poll. B.T.W I am polling it once per 1 sec (Well within the 3requests/sec).
    Won't it be allowed?

Please opine.