Error "Maximum allowed order modifications exceeded"

samphel
hi guyz,
while modifying my stoploss order i'm getting error "Maximum allowed order modifications exceeded."
can any one please tell me why i'm getting this order , as today earlier i had no issue while updating the stoploss price, but it started suddenly
  • sujith
    One can modify an order up to 25 times.
  • samphel
    @sujith per order or including all orders
  • sujith
    This limit is per order.
  • samphel
    @sujith why u guyz are putting restriction in modifying order, if we are using API to automate the trade then in some sense it is not fully automating at all, as what should i do if the limit is reached as happened with me today.
  • themohammedfaisal
    @samphel,
    We have limits put in place for fair usage of the API to ensure no rogue API programs add a load to our systems that might impact all our Kite users. These include 2000 orders per account day and 25 order modifications for each order.
    If you require to modify an order multiple times. You can set a limit of 25 modifications. If you cross this, you can send a cancellation request and send a fresh order which will carry allow another 25 modifications. Does this help?
  • samphel
    @themohammedfaisal ok thankz for the suggestion. i'll implement the strategy according to that