Instrument Token - FNO TradingSymbol to NSE ShareMapping

Srikrishna_Rowthu
I want to map say ("HDFC21FEB1550CE" to "HDFC") in the instrument token. Can I consider "instrument.name" to match with NSE Stock name always? Please let me know.
  • rjamitsharma
    Please clear your concern
  • Srikrishna_Rowthu
    While retrieving the list of instruments, we have lot of fields. Suppose, we have a call option of HDFC share, such as "HDFC21FEB1550CE". Now, my requirement is, I have to map all "HDFC" options to "HDFC" share.

So, my question is, there is a field called "name" in the "Instrument" class. For FNO stocks, can i proceed expecting "name" field matches with NSE stock symbol?

Example from the instrument List

Exchange Symbol name
    NSE HDFC Housing Development .....
    NFO HDFC21FEB1550CE HDFC

In the second one, name corresponds to NSE Symbol name. For all FNO Stocks, can i expect the same? I hope you understood now. Thanks in advance.
  • rjamitsharma
    What I have understood is

That you want to search all option related to a particular stock

For that you can make option ticker manualy

By joining ticker year month price and side

And is you want token number of that ticker

Then use pandas in python
  • rakeshr
    @Srikrishna_Rowthu
    So, my question is, there is a field called "name" in the "Instrument" class.For FNO stocks, can i proceed expecting "name" field matches with NSE stock symbol?
    Yes, you can use name field to match both NSE and NFO instruments, available in full instrument list. Eg:
    NFO instrument:
    instrument_token,exchange_token,tradingsymbol,name,last_price,expiry,strike,tick_size,lot_size,instrument_type,segment,exchange
    25310978,98871,TCS21FEB1800CE,"TCS",0,2021-02-25,1800,0.05,300,CE,NFO-OPT,NFO
    Here TCS fourth column is name field.
This discussion has been closed.