Clubbing or bunching up of holding and position

milli
Hello,

While the interface and user experience is great, I have a suggestion to enhance this.

If you could somehow allow the bunching or clubbing of holdings and positions, it would help identify, analyse and decide faster. One of the example scenarios would be in cases of multiple straddles and strangles of the same instrument type. If one were able to mark the related trades and triggers, it would really be a breeze to exit or modify positions.

Thanks
  • sujith
    I am afraid that is not possible, even we just get positions data from OMS. There is no relation between holdings and positions. Both are independent entities in our system.
  • milli
    @sujith I think I did not express myself correctly. I am not asking for bunching of Holdings & Positions , but I am asking for bunching of positions in Positions / Holdings like [NIFTY 8th APR 14900 CE NFO & NIFTY 8th APR 14900 PE NFO] can be bunched by the user as together these represent one trade. Similarly, the triggers in the orders could also be bunched. There is tagging of MIS positions allowed using the API, but then again this is not visible or usable from the web / mobile app.

If you could even expose this to be used from the web / mobile app, it will allow for easier tracking of the positions in Holdings & Equities.

Thanks
  • sujith
    Positions and orderbook are totally different entities. We just get the data from OMS. I am not sure if we can add tags to positions that are derived from originating order.
  • milli
    @sujith I do not know how it works. I just had a suggestion to make life easier and to make it even more user friendly. If that could be done, it can even give a realtime P&L of those trades that are bunched together.

Maybe if it cannot be tagged, then would it be possible to individually set the sequence in the list of positions to give some degree of bunching.