OI Error while placing buy orders for Options

Raunck
Hello Guys,

At times, I received OI error while making new Long position.
My query is that:

1. Whether there is a way in which I can check whether the OI error will come today or not before placing new Long order?
2. Also, if any symbol is having OI error, do the same change during the day or it is updated on EOD.

• sujith
    Can you give us the exact error message?
  • Kadwa_Such
    This is a kind of 100% fraud by some stock brokers. You can file complaint in consumer court against Zerodha, Upstox and you will definitely win the case and can get huge compensation also. SEBI never allowed any brokers to block any trade but still they are blocking trades with some kind of SEBI’s manipulated message which is not fair trade practice. You can file RTI also in this regard to get the answer whether they have any right to block any specific trade or not and I am sure you will get answer in your favor with the RTI copy you can go to court to win the case.
  • Raunck
    @sujith

I am taking about below error.

Buy orders are blocked for this strike price due to [open interest (OI)](https://support.zerodha.com/category/trading-and-markets/kite-web-and-mobile/articles/why-did-my-bank-nifty-option-order-get-rejected) limits prescribed by SEBI. You can exit existing positions or place buy orders in option strikes within this range: 14300 - 14950 CE & PE while placing order.
  • sujith
    You can place an order within the range of strikes as mentioned in the error message.
  • sujith
    For now you can check here or the error message to know the allowed strikes.