Basic question..

tarak
tarak edited December 2016 in Python client
Is it possible to simultaneously have PI running and also have a python app to trigger trades using Kite connect APIs?
Also, if I do the refresh in PI order or ADMIN window, will it show orders triggered from python client as well?
Further, is it possible to square off or modify the orders (triggered from Python) in PI it self ?

Question to @nithin...
1. It would take a while to come up with the tested software for trade triggering mechanism ( not the strategy ). During this time any reduction of cost over head would be highly helpful. Especially, the trade (order/status) APIs are similar to IoT (Internet of things). AMAZON and many others charge based on how many times APIs are exercised and not on flat XYZ amount pm. I think, that kind of charges would bring down the barrier. This is even more so when APIs are used for just triggering discretionary trades (while not fetching data for charting etc..)

2. Please think over on providing the trial basis of kite connect APIs for a month (e.g., only on the LIQUID bees).

thanks
  • sujith
    Hi @tarak,
    You cannot be logged in simultaneously on KiteConnect and PI.
    Yes you can see orders placed on all our platforms but you will be logged out of previous session.
    1. It would take a while to come up with the tested software for trade triggering mechanism ( not the strategy ). During this time any reduction of cost over head would be highly helpful. Especially, the trade (order/status) APIs are similar to IoT (Internet of things). AMAZON and many others charge based on how many times APIs are exercised and not on flat XYZ amount pm. I think, that kind of charges would bring down the barrier. This is even more so when APIs are used for just triggering discretionary trades (while not fetching data for charting etc..)
    I am afraid this is not possible.
    2. Please think over on providing the trial basis of kite connect APIs for a month (e.g., only on the LIQUID bees).
    We may do it in future but cannot guarantee timeline.