Created app on developers.kite.trade and used API key, unable to login to Kite

vatsarj
Created app on developers.kite.trade and used API key, unable to login to Kite from my iPhone mobile browser, getting an error message "Please complete the login before doing 2FA verification"
However, the same process works fine on my Windows Laptop and Android mobile browser. Could you please let me know what is the issue ? I am using the latest version of iOS and Chrome browser. I have also tried various other browsers but still no luck.
  • sujith
    You need to enable cookies and javascript on the browser.
  • vatsarj
    @sujith the Java script is enabled by default I have checked and there is no option to enable or disable cookies in the current version of Chrome, but I can see cookies are enabled by default bcoz there is an option to clear them. This seems to be an issue with all browsers and only on iPhones, it works fine on Android phones. Could you please check what is the issue with iPhone usage ?
  • vatsarj
    @sujith could you please check this ? I am struggling with this issue

Thanks
  • sujith
    @vatsarj,
    Did you try to disable the Prevent cross-site tracking on safari settings?
  • vatsarj
    vatsarj edited May 2021
    @sujith I have tried all the options but nothing works. The only browser which works is a native Android browser, even on Chrome Android the Kite authentication does not work. Kite Authentication via my website using the API key created in developers.kite.trade is not working. However, a normal and a straight login to Kite on the same browser works fine. So I am unable to figure out the issue, have tried all possible combinations. I have tried checking many of my friends using Zerodha and all of them have same issue.
    Also, please note the above issue is only on Mobile browser, Laptop and Desktop browser for the same set of users and myself works absolutely fine.
    I request you guys to try simulating this issue on your side to understand and investigate the problem.

Thanks
    Srivatsa
  • sujith
    This is happening because thrid party cookies are not allowed inside iFrame on safari webview and the recent chrome update also seems to have added the same policy. Our team is looking into this issue.
  • vatsarj
    vatsarj edited May 2021
    thnx @sujith for the quick response. I am hoping for an early resolution of this problem. Please keep me updated. Thanks