orderbook fetch issue

Guhan
I am facing the below error, while trying to fetch order book
Zerodha order_book fetch error:HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.kite.trade', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=7).

My algo is hosted in aws, also I checked the reach-ability of my instance, all good in that regard. Actually facing this quite frequently now.
  • rakeshr
    @Guhan
    HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.kite.trade', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=7)
    We are aware about this time-out issue occuring intermittently for few GET queries. We are working on the fix. Will update here once fix is patched.
    For time being, you can handle such intermittent time-out instances at your end. Something like:
    from requests.exceptions import ReadTimeout
    try:
    # Make the required request
    except ReadTimeout:
    # In case of time-out handle it and repeat the request again with some delay/sleep
  • rajat86
    hi. I want to purchase api access keys etc for automated trading in aws. Can you please help with What redirect url to give for use in aws?
  • Guhan
    @rakeshr, I am facing the same issue again from this morning, none of the orderbook fetch has returned the orderbook properly.
  • rakeshr
    none of the orderbook fetch has returned the orderbook properly.
    Can you please paste here the debug log for those multiple requests made for order book fetch?
    We will try to dig more into this.