Python program on Google CoLAB

Krishnaji
Hi all,

I have written a code to capture one min OHLCV data in real time. Its running fine in my system. As I have to run it from 9.15 am to 3.30 pm, in between some times I am facing problem with my Internet or system or power failure. To avoid all these I want to run my python file on online platforms. I have checked Google CoLABs. I am stuck at installing kiteconnect module it self. Plz help, how to install all the packages and run the python files in CoLABs. Any other suggestion of online platform where I can run files easily, other than Google CoLABs I would like to try.

Thank You

from
Krishna
  • sujith
    Can you elaborate?
  • sujith
    We can't help you if there is a piece of partial information. Tell us the exact steps to reproduce and include stacktrace in the query.
  • ankitjoshi
    Hi,

You can run the below-mentioned lines in the cell of your Google Colab Notebook to install and import kiteconnect!
    try:
    from kiteconnect import KiteConnect
    except ImportError:
    !pip install kiteconnect
    from kiteconnect import KiteConnect
  • kavanlimbasiya
    The above solution is cumbersome. installation of libraries in colab doesn't persist after the session is terminated. so you have to install every time you run a code which is time consuming. any other solution?
  • KamalChhirang
    KamalChhirang edited June 2021
    Please also remember that Google colab can get disconnected anytime. You can buy Colab pro for 10$/month to reduce the chances of disconnection.

You can also use GCP, you will get 300$ credit on signup. You can run your code on the Mumbai server for low latency.
  • jayaprakashv2005
    in desktop, google colab runs for 6Hrs+ easily (market duration), in mobile it disconnects frequently
  • DD1365
    Why don't you simply deploy your code on an AWS cloud virtual machine for free for 1 year. Its simple and easy, and once you configure the virtual machine and deploy your code, you won't have to bother again.