Too Many Requests

ankarne
ankarne edited July 2021 in Python client
Today i have started getting 'Too many requests' error in my code. It was working fine in the morning. This started post 2pm.
I have specifically added a 0.5 sec pause in my code so that i do not exceed the per sec rate limit.
This issue I am facing for retrieving order history. Even if I change the delay to more than 2 seconds, it is giving the same error.
Edit: I am not getting any http error codes

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 870, in run
self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
File "/home/ankarne/Documents/1IniDemo.py", line 91, in order_loop
current_order_history = kite.order_history(new_order)
File "/home/ankarne/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/kiteconnect/connect.py", line 416, in order_history
return self._format_response(self._get("order.info", url_args={"order_id": order_id}))
File "/home/ankarne/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/kiteconnect/connect.py", line 826, in _get
return self._request(route, "GET", url_args=url_args, params=params, is_json=is_json)
File "/home/ankarne/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/kiteconnect/connect.py", line 898, in _request
raise exp(data["message"], code=r.status_code)
kiteconnect.exceptions.NetworkException: Too many requests
  • sujith
    We haven't done any changes to ratelimits. You can log all the requests at your end and check.
    If you enable debug log while doing init, you can see all requests and responses.
  • ankarne
    Thats what i was wondering, it was not giving any rate limit error codes, just 'too many requests' and even for requests few seconds apart.
    It resolved on its own post 3pm. I will try the debug log and see what i get.