Can i create baskets using Kite publisher

Nidhi_007
Hi,
I don't want to place orders using Kite Publisher. I just want to create a New Basket add some stocks from publisher like we manually do from kite in orders->baskets->new basket.

It is possible?
  • rakeshr
    I just want to create a New Basket add some stocks from publisher
    Are you looking to place orders on them at the end?
    If yes, then order basket is just a UI wrapper around the list of orders. You can prepare a similar list of orders at your end and then loop in to place orders on them.
    It is possible?
    No. It's not available out of the box. You will have to try the above steps.
  • vijoeyz
    This won't be exact behavior as in the Kite Web with respect to F&O margin requirements.

In the Kite Web, the margin is precalculated and you can initiate orders with lesser margin, whereas for the same order built by KiteConnect, you may require a higher margin, to begin with, but eventually margin will normalize.
  • Nidhi_007
    @rakeshr
    Thanks for the reply.
    Actually the order placing will not be done immediately for all the cases that's why i just wanted to create the basket and analyze it before placing the order.

Like if we create basket manually from KITE web we can actually see the margins and analyze it using Sensibull payoff chart.

So i wanted to create say multiple baskets at once and analyze and execute it later.
  • rakeshr
    Like if we create basket manually from KITE web we can actually see the margins
    You can use Basket margin API to calculate net margin.
    analyze it using Sensibull payoff chart.
    No, this is not possible using APIs.
  • vijoeyz
    @rakeshr
    then order basket is just a UI wrapper around the list of orders.
    Does RMS let basket orders (say, buy & sell orders) be placed on Kite Web pass if the fund margin is availabled? Meaning, for hedged positions margin reduces. So, if the same orders were placed via Connect, for the first order the margin requirement would be high, and after the second, the margin reduces. So, is this behaviour the same across Web and Connect?
  • rakeshr
    @vijoeyz
    This won't be exact behavior as in the Kite Web with respect to F&O margin requirements.
    No, both Kite web basket order placement and API order placement in the loop will be the same. Kite web basket also places orders one after the other as added in the basket UI, you can achieve the same in API. Both initially need the required margin. OMS doesn't support bulk order placement.
    So, if the same orders were placed via Connect, for the first order the margin requirement would be high, and after the second, the margin reduces. So, is this behavior the same across Web and Connect?
    Yes, order placement and margin requirement are the same in both Kite web baskets and order placement in the loop, if done in the same order.