Get Only last candle

itsram90
Hi,

I am facing issues while fetching 5min data after 4-5 hrs it hangs and data input stops. Using historical is it possible to only fetch data of last candle instead of complete from date to date range data?
If both then please consider this as enhancement request it will reduce traffic significantly.

Thanks
Ram
  • itsram90
    Correction in last line:
    If not then please consider this as enhancement request it will reduce traffic and load significantly.

Thanks
    Ram
  • sujith
    Hi Ram,
    I am afraid this is not possible. You can specify from and to date as today, so that you can get only today's data.
    If you want only one candle then you can consider storing websocket data and generate candles on your own.

If your program is stopping, can you try printing kiteException.message?
  • itsram90
    Sujith,

my main thought was to run from date and to_date first to store data of past 15 days and then keep adding/appending last candel data. i can still do it by taking one day's data and filtering and appending last member. can we add some feature in historical where we can also pass time along with date. in that case i can use datetime and only fetch past minute or past 5-10 minute data.

i will include this in my code & will post you back in same thread.

Thanks
    Ram
  • sujith
    Hi @Ram,
    We are planning to do time based historical data fetch. It is on our road map. I am afraid I can't guarantee you timeline for now.