KIte Connect API - Terms and conditions

Benthomas
Hi,

We are a Partnership firm and opened a trading account with Zerodha.
We want to fully automate our trading based on time, price, technical indicator, PnL etc..

In Kite Connect API Terms and Conditions, it is mentioned that:
-----------------
e) Automated trades

The APIs are not meant for placing fully automating trades (without manual intervention). If you wish to use the APIs for full automation, you should seek necessary approvals from the exchange. Zerodha can provide the necessary assistance in obtaining approvals.
-------------------

Kindly let us know which category a Partnership firm belong to? Retail or Institutional?
If we belong to "Retail", what are the procedures to obtain approval from the exchange?
Do Zerodha or the exchange charge any fees for obtaining approval?
How long it takes?

Please help
Thanks
  • sujith
    Hi @Benthomas,
    You can send an email to kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com and someone from the compliance team will get back to you.
  • sujith
    You can write here (on forum) for technical queries about the Kite Connect APIs.
  • Benthomas
    Hi,
    thanks for the reply.
    I contacted Zerodha Support and they said to post the queries in dev forum.

Please elaborate the following:
    What is a fully automated trading.

For example: I enter a long position manually (by invoking the order window and clicking the Buy button) and exit the same position automatically (through a python program when the condition is met).

Which category, the above scenario comes under, "fully automated" or "semi automated", or "manual" ?

Regards

• Matti
    Hey @Benthomas this isn't a technical query. Can you DM me your ticket number? Will have someone check the ticket and respond appropriately.
  • sujith
    sujith edited November 2021
    Hi @Benthomas,
    Zerodha support doesn't deal with compliance related stuff of Kite Connect APIs.
    We are the developers here on the forum, we don't deal with compliance stuff either. You can email to kiteconect(at)zerodha.com or DM matti for the follow up.
  • Benthomas
    OK, Thanks, will do accordingly
  • pradeep007
    hi @Benthomas could you please share your finding here please if you don't mind.