Do we get a notification alert after my limit order get executed through websocket/api?

rsamikan
Hi @sujith

Due to API limitations, I should not frequently access the kiteconnect.positions(), orders() API to verify my open order status

I placed limit order and continuously monitoring the particular script LTP(tickdata) in my websocket script, current implementation is when LTP tickdata reached my limit price i am verifying the position and proceeding further, sometimes i lost the tick data in my script but it seems my open order has been completed, due to this situation still my script thinks that placed order is open.

I am requesting suggestion on this topic, Without any limitations is it possible to get a notification alert after my limit order get executed through websocket/api?
Tagged:
  • Imran
    Hello @rsamikan
    You will get the status of any particular order by using 2 methods without any rate limit-
    1. You can use order_history API call. Pass the limit order Id to the order_history function.
    refer this

2. By using WebSocket call - on_order_update()
    refer this
  • rsamikan
    rsamikan edited November 2021
    Thank you @Imran for the suggestions.

I am interested in your 1'st suggestion, use order_history to check order status.
    I am planning to write new routine to get order status, so that i can call the function in infinite while loop.

Will it work??
  • Imran
    Hi @rsamikan
    Yes, that will work, just add some delay while calling order_history in the while loop.